So I had a keg stolen... :( - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > So I had a keg stolen... :(

Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Well my friends threw a party for my buddies 30 birthday last night. We all got a keg of Sierra Nevada and had a great time. Well my buddy just called me and said that the he can't find the keg at his house. Everyone that was there has said they don't have it... Well I was planning on going over there tomorrow and getting it and getting my deposit back... What can I do?

I've read the thread about the ethic's of using kegs for brewing, but what can I do being the guy that can't return the keg? Am I going to get into any trouble, or is this what the deposit is there to cover?

Thanks in Advance!!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
scinerd3000

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Milton, De
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

you lost your deposit of 40 bucks or so and cost the brewery money. Thats about it.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

As long as you don't post on here in the next few days about a new keggle, everything is fine.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Hey guys, I was in Virginia yesterday, and I saw an empty keg by the side of the road! I totally snagged it and going to make a keggle out of it!

Pretty much all you can do is just eat the cost of the deposit. That's what the deposit is for, so the brewery can recoup some of the cost of the keg if it doesn't come back.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
billtzk
Recipes 

Apr 2007
Dallas
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts

I hope you and your friends floated the keg before it got stolen.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Thanks for the answer's, and no you'll won't be hearing about my new keggle... I figured that nothing would happen, at least that was the jist of what I read inthe other thread. It still sucks, I'm out some loots bucks...

Old 10-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
mmb
"I just got a new pet toaster!"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
WBMI
Liked 4242 Times on 3944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike1 View Post
Thanks for the answer's, and no you'll won't be hearing about my new keggle... I figured that nothing would happen, at least that was the jist of what I read inthe other thread. It still sucks, I'm out some loots bucks...
And one of your dirt bag friends made 40 bucks. I suppose it's better than loaning them money that you'd never see again.

<sarcasm>

I always get a kick out of it when people I'm friendly with abuse that friendship for monetary gain.

</sarcasm>

Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 543 Times on 435 Posts

Watch for it on Criagslist

Old 10-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
dirtymike1
Recipes 

Mar 2008
E-town, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
And one of your dirt bag friends made 40 bucks. I suppose it's better than loaning them money that you'd never see again.

<sarcasm>

I always get a kick out of it when people I'm friendly with abuse that friendship for monetary gain.

</sarcasm>
i wouldn't go as far to say that one of my friends stole it. My buddy lives in a iffy neighborhood and it could have been one of the hood rats that lives near him...

I try to have a little more faith in my fellow man and would like to believe that people who say they are my friend wouldn't do this to me.