budwieser american ale - tried it yet? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > budwieser american ale - tried it yet?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
missing link
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Highland, MI
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I saw some at the store yesterday, grabbed a six pack for the heck of it. $6.99 in Michigan.

Packaging fits in well with the other craft beers.

here is my thoughts.

I poured a bottle in to a glass, it had a thick cream colored head, amber color and was extremely clear.

The package pointed out it was dry hopped with cascade hops. I could smell some hops but just barely.

It doesn't taste bad, it actually tastes pretty good but my overall impression was that it is a bit watery, over carbonated and lacking in mouth feel. It is Budwieser so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This gets a most likely not on my "Would I buy it again" scale.

Linc

I'm not sure if this is the right place place to post this so feel free to move it if I am out of line.
Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts

There was huge thread on this already. The search feature can be your friend. And the friend of HBT's bandwidth.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/budwe...can-ale-76184/

From main page I typed in Bud America Ale in the Google Search. First link to pop up.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.