Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Thar she blows!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
mr_goodwrench
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Thar she blows!!!!!!

So, I brewed my APA yesterday afternoon and pitched my yeast around 5PM. Now, this is only the second time I have bothered to make a starter. I use the Wyeast smack packs and have always just waited for it to swell and pitched it(thats what she said...)

Anyway, I get up this morning and head for the shower. On the way I pass the office where my fermenter is. I peak in to check on her and lo & behold, the airlock is overflowing! Holey crap! That is some active fermentation! I run downstairs to grab a blow off hose. Of course, since I have never needed a blow off hose, I had to grab a piece of the hose from my IC.

I used Wyeast 1056 and only made a 1qt starter! If I wasn't a believer in making a starter after my last batch(I was) I sure am now.