Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Cleaning out the cupboard??

Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
mattkenzie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cleaning out the cupboard??

I am going to be unable to brew for a year due to a military obligation and have taken my leftover ingredients to create my final brewing concoction. I know that it is pretty hard to brew bad beer so I figured that I would experiment a bit.
I steeped 1 lb of 60l crystal and added 6lbs light LME and 1 lb Wheat DME. I bittered with 1 oz of Fuggles and split 1 oz of Cascade between flavor and aroma. I added a bit of Wyeast and set it to ferment.
I have to admit that it smelled incredible. I browsed the recipe indexes to find a similar brew that I could compare it to but I came up short. I would love some opinions on the possible classification and if any of you experienced brewers think that this might actually taste good or end up falling short.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
FishinDave07
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hmm...what yeast did you use? What was the AA% and time additions of Fuggles and Cascade?

By using The Recipator I get an OG of about 1.055, 13 IBUs (Assuming fuggles is 4.75% and Cascade is 6%)

It shows that your brew comes out to a nice amber color. I would think that using a high attenuating yeast you will create a nice, dry, malty brew with a subtle added mouthfeel from the wheat DME.

It's like an amber ale minus the bitterness, maybe like a mild or an ordinary bitter with a high gravity( Imperial Mild/Imperial ordinary bitter LOL!). Thats what I get. I'm sure your going to get a great, drinkable brew!
Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout