Craft Beer analogy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
OK, this is the only forum I thought where it would be OK to post this, since its kind of dirty, but here is an analogy I created about good beer vs. BMC. Most of my friends thought it was pretty funny and drives home the point about craft beer and BMC. I tell people this anecdote about how I got into good beer. Here goes...

When you are like 12, 13, whatever, you discover the joys of masturbation. Its pretty cool and at this point in your life, its pretty damn sweet, but its all you really have at this point. Then you turn 15, 16, whatever, and you get your first piece of ass. OH MY GOSH it is 10x better then beating your meat. Nothing tops it. Now, getting some ass is not always possible, so you still have to revert to beating off. While its not as good as getting ass, its still OK.

Same goes for craft beer. Most people start off drinking beast, BMC, Natty light, whatever. You are like 17 or 18 and its pretty damn sweet. You drink it for a few years and the whole time you still think its pretty sweet. Then, eventually, you get that first craft beer, and OH MY GOSH its 10x better then drinking a BMC. Nothing tops its. Now, in certain bars, getting a craft beer is not always possible, so sometimes you still have to revert back to BMC. While BMC is no where near as good as a craft beer or homebrew, you can still settle for it in a pinch or out of desperation.

People ask me how I got into homebrewing and craft beer and I tell them the story. I tell them about that first great beer I had at a microbrewery and how I was changed forever after that, and how I can choke down a BMC in a pinch when nothing good is available.

It's a perfect analogy!

Furthermore...an ideal night out? A few craft beers and a piece of hot ass.

Bad night in? A few BMCs and a shifty wank over the keyboard.

You're so pedestrian.....Even MY shifty keyboard wanks involve craft beer. :D I mean if I'm gonna "date" myself, I'm not gonna settle for some cheap ass macro beer...I may be easy, but I'm not cheap. ;)

I believe that this officially makes me the superior wanker.

You're so pedestrian.....Even MY shifty keyboard wanks involve craft beer. :D I mean if I'm gonna "date" myself, I'm not gonna settle for some cheap ass macro beer...I may be easy, but I'm not cheap. ;)

Sooooooo belongs in the Memorable Quotes thread. :D :D

ow my eye.JPG

Best post/avatar combo ever!

Then there are those of us who resort to fine ales and lagers as a substitute for sex. It's as close as we can come. Pud pounding and pilsner.

Back