Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any Harmony One owners on tha' bier web?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1216 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I've been out of the loop on these for a while. Do they have any model that is both RF and bluetooth for PS3? The RF is because my Denon receiver has a horrible IR reception cone and I'd rather not have to use an IR bouncer. I guess the most important thing would be blutooth for the PS3 because I just can't get the wife to learn how to control it with the dualshock.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5575 Times on 4915 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I've been out of the loop on these for a while. Do they have any model that is both RF and bluetooth for PS3? The RF is because my Denon receiver has a horrible IR reception cone and I'd rather not have to use an IR bouncer. I guess the most important thing would be blutooth for the PS3 because I just can't get the wife to learn how to control it with the dualshock.
The 890 is RF and IR but I don't know of any remotes that support Bluetooth. Not saying they don't exist I just don't know of one. You might consider looking at the Phillips Pronto remote to see if it has native support for the PS3. I doubt it does (stupid Sony with their bluetooth).

At the least you could go with a Harmony remote of your liking (I suggested the 890 becasue it has the functionality and RF) and add to that one of these;

IR2BT Infrared-to-Bluetooth converter now on sale, PS3 owners rejoice - Engadget

An IR to Bluetooth converter but, problem is, that you'd have to have some codes to teach the remote (it is a learning remote but, again, it doesn't speak Bluetooth) and I am just not sure how you'd get them. Maybe Sony would help. Do you speak Japanese?

Maybe even try talking to Logitech.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1216 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'm thinking that Logitech would do the market research and realize how many PS3s have been sold to people who primarily bought it as a BD player (like me). I know I'd pay and extra $25 for a universal that includes a blutooth transmitter in it. Waiting patiently... with my end table full of remotes. I do have a universal RF but I never found it to have the flexibility that allows me to replace my dishnetwork remote. All I use it for now is to power up the projector and HT receiver and control the sources and volume. Then I use the dish remote for channels and the PS3 controller for BD control. Not only that but my Denon doesn't do HDMI switching so I also need to hit the source buttons on the projector remote because I don't have any more learned button space on my older universal remote. Annoying.