Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Car Accident Stories

Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
TxBrew
Dr. Mantis
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2001 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 892

Default Car Accident Stories

My worst car accident was when I was 16. I was driving with a friend out in the country and tried to maneuver around an animal in the road into a little section of gravel. Bad move. The brakes locked up and we went across the road sideways. The driver side bumper went into the ditch first and we started rolling through a field. I remember the first roll esp. when the roof hit the ground very clearly, after that we both blacked out. Landed upside down and crawled out. I remember trying to turn the car off, the CD player was still playing AC/DC, but my hands were too covered in blood to turn the key. We both made it out fairly ok except for cuts from the glass.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Jester369

Recipes 

Liked 151 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hmm... My worst was hitting a baby moose with my Tahoe. By the time I hit, I was only going 30 or so, but it still totaled the truck! Nothing compared to your wreck, though, Tx

Old 09-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Loweface
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

None yet thankfully. But only driving 2 1/2 years. Hopefully I can keep it that way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chortly View Post
...homebrew contains more satisfactrons per serving, so you don't have to drink as much as you would a commercial beer to get to your satisfactron saturation.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 705 Times on 400 Posts
Likes Given: 260

May 1976. 16 years old.

It's Sunday morning and I'm driving my 1969 VW bug back from doing a church "gig" where I played the drums with a high school music group. It's a winding country road on the outskirts of town. The road is nearly empty and quiet and it is beautiful out.

Don't remember what happened but next thing I know I hear a gawd awful crash and look up to see me traveling backwards on the road.

Apparently I just dozed off, crossed the center line and hit an oncoming station wagon nearly head on. For the most part it was a side swipe. Another 4-5 " over and...well...there would be a bit less homebrew in the world today.

Nobody was seriously hurt aside from my cuts and bruises. Oh...and having a complete set of drums fly into the back of your head at 35 miles an hour...ouch.

It took me 10 months of working 30+ hours a week at "Snack Shack" to pay my dad back for the repairs.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
A4J
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

My worst was when I was 16 or 17 too. I don't remember where I went to, but it was late at night and I was trying to beat curfew so naturally I was going little faster than normal (ok, much much faster than normal). Someone cut into my lane, I hit the brakes, brakes lock, I lose control and hit the concrete freeway divider. In my mind, everything played out in slow motion. I remember looking back behind me and seeing all traffic had stopped (it was like 2 in the morning and there weren't very many cars on the road but it looked like rush hour traffic). Amazingly enough, I was able to start my car again, back it up, drive it to the nearest offramp which was about a mile. I had initially thought about driving it all the way home (20 miles) but the radiator was definitely busted up and so I just decided to pull off in the ghettoest place. My car (mustang) was totalled but I walked away with only a bruise from the seatbelt.

My mid-century modern keezer build thread.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
JVD_X
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

17 y.o. Driving home from a great day of skiing, having just dropped off my two other friends, the girl in the car with me (just a friend) says "You want a blow job at the park?"... I nearly bust right there... drove through a yellow light about 15 seconds later and plowed into a car.

Needless to say there was no BJ ever after from that girl.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
STAD
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD_X View Post
HAHA! What a shame.. Almost brings a tear to my eye..
Up next: Peanut Butter Porter

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
swh2645
Recipes 

Almost the same thing as Tx.

I was 17, driving my parent's Saab.

Driving home late a night from a friends house and I was blasting "Bulls on Parade" by Rage and two dogs walked across the road. I swerved to avoid them, missed one, got the other. When I tried to correct the swerve, I overcorrected and locked the brakes. The car went sideways into a road sign, which put it into a roll through the ditch at the side of the road.

I remember thinking, while watching the landscape turn over and over through the car window, that this was kind of cool. Car landed upside down and I crawled out, no permanent damage. Car was totalled.

That song still makes me think back in an oddly, fond sort of way.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 705 Times on 400 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD_X View Post
...drove through a yellow light about 15 seconds later and plowed into a car.

You're lucky things weren't "in progress". You'd be wearing a dress today.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'm seeing a trend here. Everyone is 16-17 yrs. old. Remind me not to let my son drive until he's 20.