Apfelwein...Warp speed? Aye Captain! - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Apfelwein...Warp speed? Aye Captain!

Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
bearkluttz
Recipes 

Jul 2008
Franklinton, NC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So i',m a liter deep into my first batch of Apfelwein. Left it still and added a bit of Sprite to the glass. Holy Crap. SWMBO says i need to quit drinking the apfelwein now... Of course the Apfelwein made me say no. So its not like ists my fault. Now she is looking at me i better stop talking out loud while typing. Thanks Ed. I gotta set the autobrew on the coffee pot b4 i sleep.

Primary: Polar Bear Pale Ale
Secondary: Red Haired Black Bear Stout
Apfelwein Carboy:
Apple/White Cranberry Hybrid
Bottled: EdWorts Apfelwein;RPA Red Panda Ale; Kodiak Brown

Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
KingBrianI
Recipes 

May 2008
Durham, NC
Liked 108 Times on 69 Posts

Looks like Apfelwein claimed another victim.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Omaha, NE
Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Remember Ed's advice....a large glass of water and two Excedrin before bed.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
bearkluttz
Recipes 

Jul 2008
Franklinton, NC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Didn't take Ed's advice. Did remember to set the coffee pot. Gotta say for such a nice druck buzz the after effects are pretty slight. +another few for Ed and his Apfelwein.

Primary: Polar Bear Pale Ale
Secondary: Red Haired Black Bear Stout
Apfelwein Carboy:
Apple/White Cranberry Hybrid
Bottled: EdWorts Apfelwein;RPA Red Panda Ale; Kodiak Brown

Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Noooo no pain relievers before bed when hammered! It taxes the liver too much and can cause death or worse! Lotsa water and gatorade (or pedialyte) works better.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

I usually use ibuprofen for my before-bed and my morning-after because I heard somewhere that it's less liver-harmful than anything containing acetaminophen. True? False? (Even then, I take a small dose - I'm well over 250lb, and only take a single 200mg ibuprofen when druck, and 2 of them in the morning. Also, quart of water to accompany. When taking ibuprofen for actual non-druck pain, I usually take three.)

My favorite used to be naproxen (Aleve) but that sh!t nearly ate a hole in my stomach when I was 16. Can't take it anymore. (Sucks, it's the most effective I found for knee/joint issues)

And yes, +1000 to Apfelwein. Got my keg reasonably carbed up (CO2 tank ran out after 2 days on the gas) and am mixing mine with OktoberFAST ale. Delicious!

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher