Two weeks ago I brewed my first Sam Adams Ale clone. The directions said to give it 1 week in the primary. After 1 week, the fermentation was still fairly active and there was a thick layer of krausen on the top.
Now there is a thin layer of krausen (mostly thick bubbles), and the bubbles have really stopped coming through the airlock. Should I transfer now, or wait until all of the krausen has fallen?
And if I do transfer now, should I be sure to siphon some of the krausen on the top while leaving the trub on the bottom of the primary?
Thanks as always for your help.