Wonder if it worked? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Wonder if it worked?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
VatorMan

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

How NOT to protect your car from a hurricane - Autoblog

Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7695 Times on 6283 Posts

We park in a garage at work. Most days I end up parking next to a similar model year Century. The owner has a club attached to the wheel. At first, I assumed, given the dirty condition of the car, that it was being stored and the club was an additional deterent for an otherwise forgotten about car but in the last few day I have been gettin to work at the same time as the Owner and have witnessed him attaching the club to his car on a daily basis.

I can't help but to chuckle at the twitchy behavior of this guy. I mean, in a garage that houses a V-10 Dodge SVT, several Hummers, a few Porche 911 Targas, a Viper, and several other luxury auto's this dud e is convinced that a thief cares enough about his beater Century to steal it.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
We park in a garage at work. Most days I end up parking next to a similar model year Century. The owner has a club attached to the wheel. At first, I assumed, given the dirty condition of the car, that it was being stored and the club was an additional deterent for an otherwise forgotten about car but in the last few day I have been gettin to work at the same time as the Owner and have witnessed him attaching the club to his car on a daily basis.

I can't help but to chuckle at the twitchy behavior of this guy. I mean, in a garage that houses a V-10 Dodge SVT, several Hummers, a few Porche 911 Targas, a Viper, and several other luxury auto's this dud e is convinced that a thief cares enough about his beater Century to steal it.
With the alarm systems and theft deterrents in today's cars, I'm guessing it would be much easier to break into/steal the Buick. It's not always about which is worth more money, but which is easiest to get into.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
foppa78

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Kansas City
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I will have to tie down my home with a garden hose the next time a tornado comes though.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

That poor fool! Everyone knows you have to use a marine hose to tie down a car!