HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Summit SBC-500B Kegerator

Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
memphomaniac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Summit SBC-500B Kegerator

Anybody have the Summit SBC-500B? If so, how many corny kegs will it fit? Sorry, my searching turned up nothing.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Found this one out myself through field research. Guy was offering one pretty cheap on CL. I could only get two Corny kegs with the double handles in because of the compressor hump on the top. Was hoping to get three for serving or four for storage.

Reason: Answered my own question.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
RookieBrew
Recipes 

my kegerator (diff kind) can only fit 2 25" corneys because of the hump. But I picked up 2 22" corneys (had to buy them new) and they fit great in the back, under the hump! might be worth looking into

Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
memphomaniac
Recipes 

I thought about that because they are missing clearing the hump by a couple inches. I thought the shorter kegs might blow my budget, though, and if I had to get them new, I know they would. Do the 22 inchers have single handles, or no handles at all? It's probably going to be a snooze-I-lose situation because he had two people calling him about it while I was there (unless that was a high pressure sales tactic).

Old 09-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
RookieBrew
Recipes 

my 22" kegs have the rubber top and both handles... they look just like your average corney - just a lil shorter and fatter

Old 09-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
memphomaniac
Recipes 

The kegerator got away, but I searched around and learned a lot about different size/type kegs. Thanks for the info.