Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I need to get back on the ball
Old 09-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I need to get back on the ball

or should I say boil? LOL.

Anyways, I haven't brewed since July and I'm finally going to start my next batch here in a couple of days. I've got a Dunkleweizen sitting on my counter, and I just ordered a Holiday Ale and ingredients for a citrus weizen from AHBS.

Wait I have brewed recently, I just forgot about it LOL. I brewed 2 fridays ago out of boredom.

2 Fox Brewing Co.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #2

Sheesh, who can brew and not remember it? Oh, I get it, you were probably drinking one while brewing one, lol! Anyway, yes, it's good to get back to brewing after a hiatus. I've brewed for the past 3 weekends in a row, after not having brewed since May - I was busy all summer composing and recording music for a contest (here in Canada, the CBC is having a contest to replace the theme for Hockey Night In Canada, which I realize won't mean anything to most folks here). I just racked my latest last night, a Dry Irish Stout. The week before I brewed a Kolschy with my homegrown Mt. Hoods, and before that was (I hope) a Hobgoblin Ale clone. Soon I'll be brewing an American Pale Ale (SNPA clone), and then probably a second batch of the Stout. I guess I'll have a decent amount/variety laid up for winter...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
2nd Street Brewery
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I feel your pain, I just brewed last Sunday for the first time in well over a month. I'm down to my last keg on tap and then nothin but storebought I have this Friday off so i may try to brew then and then get going regularly for a couple of weeks(just got a shipment from Austin's of 70lbs of various grains)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
Liked 42 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't made any beer since June.

I have been making wine, Apfelwein and cider though.

It got below 70°F here last night! It might be cooling off enough to get the MLT and Bayou Burner back out of mothballs soon, w00t!
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
Every brewer here would tuck in his junk to have this opportunity.
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets