Brewed Sunday - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewed Sunday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
NHRACER
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 28


Edme Kit English IPA. Kit calls for 6 gallons. Local brewshop said okay to reduce to 5.

Airlock activity strong yesterday. Nothing today.

Checked brew. No krausen, settled.

Hyd reading 1.050 OG

Today 1.025 Tated pretty good, flat.

Seems early to be done fermenting. Wait a few more days.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Wait two more weeks. Then check it again.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
golfguy819
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Barksdale AFB, LA
Posts: 189
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


had the same thing happen with my kolsch. airlock activity w/ in 4 hrs, then nothing after 12. let it sit for 10 days and hit close to my fg.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
NHRACER
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 28

Thanks for the quick replies.

Heard some not-so-good things about the yeast that comes with the canned kits. Wasn't sure I would need to re-pitch.

Side note, fermentation started at 70 degrees. Doing this at a buddy's, his first batch. Temp dropped to 62 (basement). Moved the bucket to a warmer locale.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
carnevoodoo
Recipes 
 
May 2007
San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,276
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Munton's yeast?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
NHRACER
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnevoodoo View Post
Munton's yeast?

I don't think so. It was an unmarked foil packet that came with the Edme kit/can.

Been 12 years since I last brewed. Had about 7 batched under my belt. Have a friend who wants to get into it, he knows a guy who brews as well.

I think waiting may be the best idea. In the meantime, I will get some more yeast. Just in case.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
Edcculus
 
Edcculus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2007
Greenville, SC
Posts: 4,546
Liked 48 Times on 45 Posts


If you are worried, take hydrometer samples. You shouldn't have to do that until after at LEAST a week though. I brewed on Sunday as well. As of today, it has stopped actively bubbling too. No worries.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #8
Bytor1100
 
Bytor1100's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Utah
Posts: 544
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


Just a curious question, but what was your temperature at fermentation?
__________________
30 Gallons - Malty Moe APA

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mmm... Sunday kaptain_karma Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 4 02-01-2009 08:21 PM
Sunday bkwudz General Chit Chat 3 05-18-2008 02:36 PM
Brewed my first 5 gallons on Sunday _Kyle_ Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 10-16-2007 03:08 AM
Brewed a Belgian Heffe Sunday SAS98M All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 9 06-19-2007 07:57 PM


Forum Jump