Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Ale yeast on cider?

Old 04-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #11
Alx Rains
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll have them in the fridge! If I'm not there just help yourself, oh you don't know where I live, ah well they'll br safe then!

Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
Alx Rains
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well the Experiment is under way, A week ago, with the assistance of my offsider Garion (my 4yr old) I put down a black rock cider kit made to 20 lt and split into 2 equal quantities, Added 300g of dry corn syrup and 500g of dextrose before splitting up into the two batches. Both batches had two litres of Apple and pear juice(no pres) added to them plus the 2lt of apple juice that the starter contained.
Fermenter No.1 had the Whitlabs cider yeast and Fermenter No.2 had the Youngas NQ 514 ale yeast chucked on. Both have been sitting in the Fridge @ 20 deg celcius. Airlock activity started within hours and both have good activity marks up the side of the feremnters, the fridge smells really nice when it is opened too! I plan to bottle them in the next week. I will see if there is much difference in taste then and keep you posted! (as an aside I had some Pineapple and apple cider tonight from a batch I made earlier this year, a couple of months int he bottle has brought it up a treat! just thought I'd share that with you all)
Cheers Alx

Bubbling Away:Lemonadey/grapefruity thing
:Belgian gold Ale
Berry Cider
[B]Aging:[/B:Berry Cider
: Coopers Mexican,
: Extra Gingery Ginger beer

In the Fridge: Munich Lager
:Spiced Cider

Old 05-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #13
Alx Rains
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well,.........It's bottled, finally! With a bit of "help" from my offsider(who was actually more interested in Tasting than bottling) The Experiment is over, for now. They both turned out really nice, but thats just my opinion haha the end result was that there was a difference in flavours between the two, and neither turned out terribly sweet, so I don't know what happened to last years one that did cos it is essentially the same ingredients! But now I have some more yummy cider to take to the festival for the home brew comp if nothting else.
Ok thanks for watching. I will see how it goes in a few weeks when it gets all bubbly in the bottle
Cheers you've been a great audience
Alx

Bubbling Away:Lemonadey/grapefruity thing
:Belgian gold Ale
Berry Cider
[B]Aging:[/B:Berry Cider
: Coopers Mexican,
: Extra Gingery Ginger beer

In the Fridge: Munich Lager
:Spiced Cider