Going to Denver, CO - Where should i go... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central Homebrew Forum > Going to Denver, CO - Where should i go...

Old 09-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
Smogre

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Colorado
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oskar Blues mang!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #12
jds

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Littleton, CO
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

Where are you staying, Downtown, Tech Center, Suburbs? There are a lot of good suggestions so far, but ew can narrow it down if you know where you'll be.

Don't forget the Bull and Bush for real ale.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #13
sverige82
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Lafayette, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds View Post
Where are you staying, Downtown, Tech Center, Suburbs? There are a lot of good suggestions so far, but ew can narrow it down if you know where you'll be.

Don't forget the Bull and Bush for real ale.
West Denver - i checked and i'm like a 15 min cab ride to downtown...so far i'm looking at Wynkoop and Falling Rock Taphouse for sure...
Drinking: True Brew Brown Ale, St. Arnold's Christmas Ale - Special batch released in July.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Wynkoop has a great IPA, IMHO

Old 09-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #15
sverige82
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Lafayette, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL View Post
Wynkoop has a great IPA, IMHO
nice. i'm looking forward to that place....and i'm thinking about Bull & Bush...i saw that on BEER NUTZ on MojoHD...it seemed alright.
Drinking: True Brew Brown Ale, St. Arnold's Christmas Ale - Special batch released in July.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #16
Smogre

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Colorado
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah. Bull and the Bush is mighty fine.
West Denver? Yer pretty close to Pints but I simply avoid that place now. Their beer went downhill bigtime.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 117 Times on 104 Posts

Definitely the Falling Rock Taphouse. Boulder is also well worth a visit - Boulder Beer, Avery, Red Stone Meadery, etc. are all housed there. Celestial Seasonings is also in Boulder, and a fun visit if you like tea.

Check out this map:

http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/do..._Breweries.pdf

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this thread was - sorry.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #18
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Denver.
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

I highly recommend the Vine Street Pub if you are going to be in Denver propper. Good food Great Beer and music on the weekends. I also recommend the Wynkoop

The Mountain Sun and The Southern Sun Brewery and Restaurant in Boulder Colorado

Wynkoop Brewing Company - Denver's First Brew Pub - History

Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
caspio
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Chico, CA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

HBT saves the day! Was in Denver Mon-weds on a business trip, after talking with my boss in the airport about home brewing, he told me to pick which brewpub we were going to visit for dinner one night. Score! Didn't even need to create my own thread, search turned up this one.

Went to Wynkoop brewing Tues night on 18th St. Food was excellent, had the hummus plate for an appetizer and a big bowl of gumbo for dinner. Was on the company dime, so I felt bad having full pints, but I certainly took advantage of their $1 4-ish oz samplers. Tried the Chile Ale, Pilsner, ESB, and Schwartzbier (sp?).

The chile ale was the surprise winner in my book, had never had anything similar and it was great. The pilsner was great, light and crisp, but by that point i'd been chomping down on roasted garlic and hummus, so the finer points were probably lost on me. The ESB was probably my least favorite - just didn't seem that well balanced, had a little bit of alcoholic twang. Not bad though, and still better than BMC any day of the week. I finished up with the Schwarzbier - the first of that style I've ever tried. Was a tasty brew, looking forward to sampling some more examples of the style.

Thanks for the recommendation HBT!