Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Fruit Flys and Home Brew

Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
nystevecf
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Fruit Flys and Home Brew

Dear Diary,
Day 1-I dont like fruit flys.
Day 2-I hate these damn things!
Day 3-Their troops have doubled. Theses ****ers are worse then rabbits. They have even started using my own weapons against me. I set up fly catchers and I could swear this AM the little bastards moved one as I was walking by half asleep so it stuck to my face. All this after the little freeloaders jumped in more of my homebrew last night.

Day 4-I would love to bottle right now, I have a heffe and a pumpking waiting but they keep surrounding me. Today I am going to break down and heavily invest in advance weaponry, glasses with a little homebrew to drown the ****ers. (If they send a fly seal team im screwed).....

Old 09-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Small dish of apple cider vinegar with a drop of dish soap does wonders. Set them up as necessary.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2843 Times on 1687 Posts
Likes Given: 3502

Do a thread search on Fruit flies, most of us had our big issues with them last month. There's plenty of info on the 3 or 4 threads that got started....

Mine have finally peaked, I believe.

How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies - wikiHow

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
nystevecf

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the link. I know a lot must have had the problem but I just wanted them to know they are not alone.