Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Help - rubber stopper fell into my carboy
Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Help - rubber stopper fell into my carboy

The rubber stopper fell into my glass carboy while I was trying to place a fermentation lock on my beer. I brewed a IPA last weekend and was taking out the blow-off tube and trying to replace it with a regular fermentation lock. I guess I pushed too hard and the rubber stopper fell in. Thankfully I sanitized the stopper before it fell in.

I have two questions:

1. Will the beer taste like rubber if I keep the beer in the carboy with the rubber stopper for 2 weeks until my kegs arrive?

2. How do you get the stopper out of a glass carboy?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Leave it there and pour it out when the batch is done, no harm will come from it.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That happened to my with my first brew. It came out fine. The tricky part is fishin through the trub trying to find it after fermentation.
Primary: Nothing
Secondary: DFH Punkin Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Cigar City Jai Alai IPA Clone, Apple Jack 1.0, Apple Jack 2.0
Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout