Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Summit?

Old 04-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Summit?

I got to try the IPA, the pale and the wheat this past weekend.

The extra pale was good, but odd. It had a really strange sweetness to it. I didn't get overloaded with it until after I drank a sip, and then the sweetness was all over the place. Lips, tongue, etc. Odd.

Anyone else had these?

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
uwmgdman

Recipes 

Neither of those, as IPAs and Wheats aren't my favorites, but I do enjoy many Summit brews. I lived in a St. Paul burb for almost two years up until last summer. I especially enjoy their porter and maibock. Last summer was the first summer they had an amber, which was only available on tap in Twin Cities area bars, it was fantastic, I really hope they put it into bottles this summer. Also they have a good brewery tour with plenty of samples.

Drinking: NewZealand IPA, 2013,2011 Maker's Mark Bourbon Barrel Stout, Palate Assaulted Again Black IPA and Kaiser Alt Zwei

Old 04-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'va had all of their beers. To me, the Extra Pale Ale is okay. I didn't note an overwhelming sweetness, but it's been awhile since I. They have better flavors to choose from, so I usually pass up their EPA. My favorites from Summit are their IPA, Maibock, Oktoberfest and their best beer IMHO, the Porter.