Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Using Brett

Old 09-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #11
kmlavoy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
...you know when a ray of sun shines through your window and you see all the little particles floating around in the air? Many of those are dead pieces of skin...and they all have tons of bacteria all over them.
Not mine. I soak in formaldehyde every night.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #12
cdeme123
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I was planning on inoculating my first Burton Ale after primary. I have only been able to look at a few recipes for BA and none of them have brett in them. Some of the articles I have read mention that since BA was aged in old oak barrels, it probably had brett in them naturally. Any thoughts? I have never used brett before and since this is going to be aged for such a long time, don't want spend all that time and effort to make a BA that will have to be dumped after a year of aging.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
Tiroux
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeme123
I was planning on inoculating my first Burton Ale after primary. I have only been able to look at a few recipes for BA and none of them have brett in them. Some of the articles I have read mention that since BA was aged in old oak barrels, it probably had brett in them naturally. Any thoughts? I have never used brett before and since this is going to be aged for such a long time, don't want spend all that time and effort to make a BA that will have to be dumped after a year of aging.
Why not try it on only a portion of your batch? Save a gallon jug, and drop some brett harvest from an Orval bottle.