Alright, get up, stop playing on the machine and GTFO - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Alright, get up, stop playing on the machine and GTFO

Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
schneemann

Recipes 

Jun 2008
AA County, MD
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

OK, there's two rants today.

Every day during lunch I venture down to the gym to squeeze in a workout and there's a never ending parade of fools wasting their time playing around and getting in the way.

Here's a hint: your biceps are capable of 137 degrees of motion. Piling on weights on a curl bar and swinging your body like Tarzan to move the weight for only the upper 20 degrees of motion isn't impressing anyone. In fact, you look like a stupid poser and you're probably going to hurt yourself so put the weights down and GTFO.
Drinkin - Bombsight Oatmeal Stout, 57 Minute IPA

Zazzle Crap | BombSight Brewery at CafePress | Brewstand Build | Schmidling MaltMill Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
I, Hoss, hereby profess that Master shneemann holds all the answers and is right, even when wrong, and that I humble myself before his vastly superior intellect. :mug:

Old 09-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann View Post
OK, there's two rants today.

You do realize that the fine print for HBT says your only allowed 3 rants per year. You are using them up way too quick.

I don't go to the gym much, so I have nothing to say about "posers", but I see where you are coming from. I just don't want to see you blow your load of rants so quickly.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:18 AM   #3
phissionkorps
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Agreed. If you can't rep right, don't rep at all.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #4
schneemann

Recipes 

Jun 2008
AA County, MD
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
You do realize that the fine print for HBT says your only allowed 3 rants per year. You are using them up way too quick.

I don't go to the gym much, so I have nothing to say about "posers", but I see where you are coming from. I just don't want to see you blow your load of rants so quickly.
Damn! I'm gonna have to pick a really epic topic for #3 then!
Drinkin - Bombsight Oatmeal Stout, 57 Minute IPA

Zazzle Crap | BombSight Brewery at CafePress | Brewstand Build | Schmidling MaltMill Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
I, Hoss, hereby profess that Master shneemann holds all the answers and is right, even when wrong, and that I humble myself before his vastly superior intellect. :mug:

Old 09-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Man, I'm 100% with ya on this one. Damnit those guys piss me off. I spend as much of my time worrying about form as I do anything else, and then I see these douchepimples wasting oxygen over there because they think that if they just pile on the weight, everyone will think they're badasses. I'm sorry, but if you know sh*t about lifting, which you have to assume many of the people in the gym do, then you know that these chumps are just...chumps...and that piling on the plates and swinging your body around like a monkey doesn't mean you're a big beast. It just means you're uneducated and like wasting your time.

There was one dude that actually provided some great entertainment every time he was in there. He'd do sh*t like chest presses, but he'd do them like he was doing that ol' "raise the roof" thing, like, really fast, and his range of motion was all of 4 inches. Oh, yeah, dude, way to build muscle. It took all my power not to grab him by his puny biceps and scream "stop wasting money and time, and just f*ckin do them the right way, fag!"

but, alas, I was too busy laughing. One time I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard, he really looked like he was "raising the roof".

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 09-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
fat x nub
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know what you mean...except the gym i go to is so f*ckin crowded that i can hardly use the machines. They need to stop accepting members is what i think...and half of the members are like the guy u are talking about that doesn't know wtf they are doing
Secondary 2- empty
Bottled/Kegged- Centinneal Blonde, Apfelwein
Up Next- MyCastle (N.English Brown Ale), Hooch Pale Ale
Thinking About: Tripple Bock, Chocolate Stout, open to suggestions

"Every beer is a good beer if I can taste the brewer's intent"
-Jim Koch

Is this guy serious??:
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabeach1 View Post
so barley is a leaves of hops? or barley is a different plant? and blend with hops? I need that to be cleared thanks..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:51 AM   #7
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I hate the guys who use the entire time at the gym to hit on chicks.

I double hate the guys who do 9023254 sets on the same set of weights.

I triple hate the guys who spend 45 min wrapping their knees just to do 4 squats with 6" of movement and 500lbs of weight.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #8
Brew-Happy
Recipes 

May 2008
Lubbock, Texas
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I recently watch a couple of young'ns trying to bench press more weight than was recommended. The problem I saw was them bouncing the bar off of their chest!!!

Great way to crack a sternum!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 AM   #9
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

I always laughed at the idiots that set the step machines at max. and then hold onto the rails and flap their feet up & down.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 09-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

Sqaut racks are not for curling. GTFO, and let me do a compound exercise that you're too ***** to try because you don't think working your legs is important. Douchie.