Buyer beware at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Buyer beware at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
mysteryberto
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Oregon
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Wow that is awful. It's always been a pet peeve of mine when restaurants don't list drink prices...

Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most

Recipes 

Oct 2007
southern mass
Liked 71 Times on 43 Posts

Orlando is a beer wasteland. I was there for 10 days a couple of years back and the best any restaurant could offer up was Sam Adams. Granted that isn't all that bad. But, I do tend to like a lot of different beer. They do have a micro brewery downtown but it was in a lousy area and the beer pretty much sucked. *disclaimer* sorry to offend any of the Orlando folks. Just my stupid opinion.

cheers

Old 09-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling214 View Post
A lot of the time, you will find that if you don't ask to see a beer list at many US restaurants, you will not see the price of the beer. I hope you hit Bob Marley's while you were there, very tasty food.
Maybe I'm spoiled here in beervana, but I have *never* seen beer listed without also listing the price per glass.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryberto View Post
Wow that is awful. It's always been a pet peeve of mine when restaurants don't list drink prices...
Yeah, I hate that too. I flat out refuse to buy a drink from places that do not their prices in the menu or on the beer list. The large chain restaurants are the worst offenders.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnmilford View Post
Orlando is a beer wasteland. I was there for 10 days a couple of years back and the best any restaurant could offer up was Sam Adams. Granted that isn't all that bad. But, I do tend to like a lot of different beer. They do have a micro brewery downtown but it was in a lousy area and the beer pretty much sucked. *disclaimer* sorry to offend any of the Orlando folks. Just my stupid opinion.

cheers
Thats not just Orlando. You described most of central and south Florida.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
brewt00l
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Doylestown, PA
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I was at a ballgame the other week and bud lights were $6.50 for a single 12oz can.

Just sayin "where" has an awful lot to do with "how much"....Of course, this didn't stop plenty of people from getting beer.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #17
BoxofRain
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Long Island
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not surprised they do this. It seems that there's a Bubba Gump in many tourist traps. Citywalk/Times Square. I'm more offended about the price jump from 16oz to 22oz.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

Just stalked to Brewbayou who was there is weekend. He said he got a 16oz Longhammer IPA draft from the metro plex across from Bubbas for 4.50.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #19
chortly
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Orlando, FL
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I was at a bowling alley near UCF, Orlando. The import list consisted of Killians, Yuengling, and Amber Bock... $8/8oz. I wanted to cry.

I did.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 AM   #20
Danny013
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Gainesville, FL
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yuengling is 'Ultra-Premium Domestic'?!? I've been known to throw back 2 or 20 Yuenglings, but damn! Even considering it's brewed across the way in Tampa!

Here in Gainesville one of the local Mexican restaurants has $3/32 oz. Yuenglings. Score!

I was almost as pissed when I went to Applebees a few months ago and ordered the big glass of Blue Moon - I think it was a 16 oz. Pilsener glass. Got the check, and wtf - $6.99 for that!