F**cking Banks - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > F**cking Banks

Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #11
blacklab

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Portland, ME
Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts

I'm sure it was Washington Mutual!

No matter how lame they are...swearing at customer service people, waiters, in public, around children, etc., makes you sound like an idiot.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Haw haw. Sorry had to laugh because it made me think of something. We went to Niagara Falls (Canadian side) recently, so before we left I called my CC co and told them where I was heading (you know so my card would still work). So this guy (no offense to Asians here) could barely speak English. Yes I know you guys have had this happen...but that's merely part of the issue. So the convo went kinda like this:

Mr Ping:"What is numbah on cahd?"
Me:I tell him the number.
(Pause)
Mr Ping:"Sorry wrong numbah, read again numbah on cahd"
Me: (slightly agitated) reads number
(Pause)
Mr Ping:"Nope. Sorry wrong numbah, not you numbah"
Mr Ping:"That old numbah"
Me: "huh? I used that card today what are you talking about?"
Mr Ping:"Is this new cahd or old cahd?"
Me:"What new card? Are you saying that you sent me a new card?"
Me:"Is the card activated?" (now I am getting worried if someone intercepted my new card which I didn't get)
Mr Ping:"yes is correct"
Me:"What is correct? That you sent a new card or that the card is activated?"
Mr Ping:"yes is correct"
Me: (highly agitated now) "What card number do you have there? I didn't get a new card, so are you saying the new card is activated???"
Mr Ping:"one momen please"
(pause)
Mr Ping:"ok, please what is numbah on cahd?"
(pause)
Me:"I am really confused. What are you saying?"
Mr Ping:"Is ok, cahd is ok. Is that everyting?"
Me:"You mean there is no new card?"
Mr Ping:"Is ok, everything ok"
Me:"I can use my card in Canada"
Mr Ping:"yes ok, anyting else?"
Me:"No thanks, bye"

true story

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1765 Times on 1122 Posts

Is it a curse word? Yes. Sh!t, PIss, Fvck, Cvnt, C0cksvcker, M0therfvcker, and T!ts are.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #14
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Quit playing guess-the-bank, cuz he's Canadian... American banks are few and far between up there. Knowing Ontario, It's probably either RBC or TD, but could always be one of the little guys.

j, you up on the Mountain, or in Downtown? The Hammer's a cool city, I just wish the summer I hung out there would've been cooler. Stupid 100+F degree days, with the humidity comin' off the lake.

And yeah. Don't swear to customer service reps unless they really, truly give you some 'tude. Put yourself in their shoes - it SUCKS answering those phones all day.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #15
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Honestly?

I'd probably be more pissed off if they DIDN'T give me a hassle. Account number's a pretty basic piece of information, I would be ripped if they didn't require that basic piece of information before helping someone into my account.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter6 View Post
Ok - you called a bank, and they asked you for the ONE piece of information that links you the person to their system.

It's like calling the IRS and complaining because they want your SSN...

He asked for the #1 thing that identifies you to their system. I just happen to keep my bank # on me in case I'm ever asked for this information so that I don't assault a poor $6.60 an hour phone monkey.
Actually I provided them with my Bank Card Number which covers all of my accounts. I must be delusional because I would never call saying "am I going to have to go through all this **** next time" an assault.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #17
Brewin_Bob

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Spring, TX

I tend to ask suck-@$$ attitude having customer service agents if I ran over their 3 week old puppy that particular morning.

-- Kings Full Brewery --
-- Currently Being Remodeled --

Primary:None
Secondary:None
Conditioning:Lemstrac Wine, first mead
Bottled:None

Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #18
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
Quit playing guess-the-bank, cuz he's Canadian... American banks are few and far between up there. Knowing Ontario, It's probably either RBC or TD, but could always be one of the little guys.

j, you up on the Mountain, or in Downtown? The Hammer's a cool city, I just wish the summer I hung out there would've been cooler. Stupid 100+F degree days, with the humidity comin' off the lake.

And yeah. Don't swear to customer service reps unless they really, truly give you some 'tude. Put yourself in their shoes - it SUCKS answering those phones all day.
I'm up on the kinda mountain. it is RBC.... If this guy thinks sh1t is bad he should try working for bell.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
jezter6
Recipes 

Nov 2006
DARLINGTON, MARYLAND
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspence1 View Post
Actually I provided them with my Bank Card Number which covers all of my accounts. I must be delusional because I would never call saying "am I going to have to go through all this **** next time" an assault.
Your bank card number is EASILY captured by any idiot who's ever scanned your card at a store or restaurant. That number is TOO public to allow direct access to your password and personal banking information.

You want anyone who's ever seen your card to get that kind of access? I don't.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #20
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 542 Times on 434 Posts

I did phone tech support for a cable company for a while (which has to rank up with the worst jobs ever). My line was drawn on if the language was directed at me or not. Basically, you can say s*** all you want, but when you CALL me s*** I'll hang up the phone. And, actually, most of the irate callers seemed to accept that when I laid it down for them. I really only had to flat hang up on one customer and that was the guy that called me a nazi because I told him he wouldn't be able to send a 3 gigabyte attachment in an email.