F**cking Banks - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > F**cking Banks

Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I tried to access my bank account online today, like I've been doing for years. I get an unable to identify you message. To the phone I go...The explanation sometimes this happens just use the back door. Ok so now I'm getting annoyed, The back door involves resetting my password. After 15 minutes of jumping through hoops for this a$$hole I finally get online. I ask my friendly banking associate if I'm going to have to got through this sh1t every time I login now.......his answer?!?! if you continue to use language like that I will have to end this call.

OMFG you mother Fockers just wasted 15 minutes of my life because your stupid and you dare scold me for saying sh1t. I have never wanted to see someone in person so much in my life. I would have loved to unleash a rant of curses that would make a steel worker blush upon this dumba$$.

I feel better now thanks!
John

Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2205 Times on 775 Posts

Was it Bank of America or Wells Fargo?

Register Now!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
JustDave

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Mass.
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Well .... he was right. People don't always deserve to, or want to, hear you swearing, no matter how upset you are.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
Well .... he was right. People don't always deserve to, or want to, hear you swearing, no matter how upset you are.

ok this must go to the debate forum! Is sh1t a swear word?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

I think sh!t is a swear word and is sometimes inappropriate. For instance, I would never say "Damn, Father, that holy wine is the sh!t!". But I use it - it's an adult word and I'm basically an adult on some level or other.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
I think sh!t is a swear word and is sometimes inappropriate. For instance, I would never say "Damn, Father, that holy wine is the sh!t!". But I use it - it's an adult word and I'm basically an adult on some level or other.

I stand corrected

Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

It's not necessaily the word itself (I've been known to drop a ton of sh!t-bombs in my life), but the context. If you're clearly pissed off and say "Am I going to have to go through this sh!t every time?", that's different that saying "this beer is the sh!t!" or even "Ah, sh!t, I've got to reset my password?"

Different tones, different implied messages.

In general, though, don't f*cking swear. Not sh!tting you, it isn't f*cking cool.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
jspence1

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

I generally try to be nice to the people at the call centers. I think this guy was just an ahole. He had already given me attitude for not knowing my account number. Who the hell knows their account number...a credit card number yes, drivers license yes, I know a million numbers because I use them. The last time I was asked for my bank account number was 7 years ago when I started a new job.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
jezter6
Recipes 

Nov 2006
DARLINGTON, MARYLAND
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

As someone in customer service - while we understand you are angry - the person on the phone likely did not cause your direct password problem, and it is absolutely unfair and kind of rude to verbally assault him or her for something they didn't do. Hell, even if they DID do it, you don't know them well enough to talk to them like that.

I'm gathering that if the FedEx guy came to deliver your package from AHS and he said "Here's your heavy arse package, who the hell do you think you are making me carry this sh!t around?" you'd probably be the first caller into FedEx customer service to complain that the poor driver yelled at you.

Sorry, no dice. That person didn't do anything to you - don't assault them.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
jezter6
Recipes 

Nov 2006
DARLINGTON, MARYLAND
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Ok - you called a bank, and they asked you for the ONE piece of information that links you the person to their system.

It's like calling the IRS and complaining because they want your SSN...

He asked for the #1 thing that identifies you to their system. I just happen to keep my bank # on me in case I'm ever asked for this information so that I don't assault a poor $6.60 an hour phone monkey.