Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What is your favorite commerical beer?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #31
SwAMi75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,492
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

So many styles!

Weienstephaner Hefeweizen...the benchmark hefe, IMO. Haven't been able to find it around here in quite a while.

I go through quite a bit of Hoegaarden, Sammy Smith porter, and Sierra Nevada Pale ale, depending on my mood.

I guess those qualify as commercial. I've gotten damned picky since I've gotten into brewing. The only big macro I'll pay for now is Yuengling. I used to think Hurricane was the business considering the price, then one day I poured it into a glass and let the odor escape....krikey!


SwAMi75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #32
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sause's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Menomonee Falls WI
Posts: 1,866
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

I have to go with Sprecher Dopple Bock right now, it's a seasonal brew, I highly suggest it.


sause is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #33
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,843
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sause
I have to go with Sprecher Dopple Bock right now, it's a seasonal brew, I highly suggest it.
ERRR!!!! I miss Sprecher's brews.....Hopefully I can still find some of that when I'm up there in April.....
Staying in Milwaukee and catching a Brewers game. I'm psyched. The highlight will be bringing home a case or two of Leinies. Creamy Dark here I come!!!!!!!!
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com
Dude is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #34
ryser2k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Schuylkill Haven, PA
Posts: 467
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janx
Since y'all are in the right neck of the woods, have you had Stoudt's? Their beer is awesome. I always get it when I'm visiting the in-laws in PA. The ESB is great!
I see Stoudt's every time I go to my local beer distributor, but I never expected it to be any good. Most of the "local" homebreweries aren't that great (Appalachian, Lancaster, Flying Fish, Victory). I will definitely try it next time...

As for a favorite, I don't have one in particular...
Any Sam Adams
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Steam Beer
Boddington's
Bass Ale

I spend about 20 minutes at the distributor every time I go, it's such a hard decision

And of course, there's always the old standby of Yuengling. It flows from the taps around here, I live only 10 minutes away from the brewery.
ryser2k is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #35
rightwingnut
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rightwingnut's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 470
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryser2k

As for a favorite, I don't have one in particular...
Any Sam Adams
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Steam Beer
Boddington's
Bass Ale

I spend about 20 minutes at the distributor every time I go, it's such a hard decision

And of course, there's always the old standby of Yuengling. It flows from the taps around here, I live only 10 minutes away from the brewery.
Good taste, my man. Aside from Boddington's (which I've never tried), all of those are favorites of mine. Bass used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, Sam Adams is always good, Anchor's a new favorite, Sierra Nevada is liquid gold, and no matter what they may say, I'll always love Yeungling.
rightwingnut is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #36
NUCC98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NUCC98's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwingnut
Good taste, my man. Aside from Boddington's (which I've never tried), all of those are favorites of mine. Bass used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, Sam Adams is always good, Anchor's a new favorite, Sierra Nevada is liquid gold, and no matter what they may say, I'll always love Yeungling.

Boddingtons is interesting......it's a pale golden ale in a can w/ a nitro widget in it. So you end up w/ this crisp light golden ale w/ a Guinness head on it.......
__________________
You Won't Find Moments In A Box...And Someone Else Will Set Your Clocks...
NUCC98 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #37
ryser2k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Schuylkill Haven, PA
Posts: 467
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

The Guinness head is what is good about it, without that it would probably not be very impressive... in fact, I know it wouldn't be... I tried to brew a clone of Boddington's and bottle condition it, and it was nowhere near as good...
ryser2k is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeRoux's Broux's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 2,966
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryser2k
The Guinness head is what is good about it, without that it would probably not be very impressive... in fact, I know it wouldn't be... I tried to brew a clone of Boddington's and bottle condition it, and it was nowhere near as good...
Shiner Bock. It goes so damn good on a hot summer day after cutting the grass, or with some good ol' Texas BBQ!

If I had to pick 2, #2 would be Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing. If you've never had it, don't cheat yourself any longer! Try the Bastard.........if your worthy! (so the bottle says )

Cheers!
DeRoux'S Broux
DeRoux's Broux is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 AM   #39
SwAMi75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,492
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
Shiner Bock. It goes so damn good on a hot summer day after cutting the grass, or with some good ol' Texas BBQ!

If I had to pick 2, #2 would be Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing. If you've never had it, don't cheat yourself any longer! Try the Bastard.........if your worthy! (so the bottle says )

Cheers!
DeRoux'S Broux
Just picked up a bottle. It's chilling in the fridge right now....yay for me!!!
SwAMi75 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #40
Deuchar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 30
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Deuchar's IPA not surprisingly
Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
Both of these are Scottish

Also...

Belgian: Maredsous, Chimay Blue, Brigand
French: Pelforth Brune
German: Schifferhoffer Weizen


Deuchar is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corney Kegging Commerical Beer John Beere Bottling/Kegging 33 04-07-2015 12:40 PM
Small Scale Commerical Brewing (600gal/mo) on "Beer Budget" GuateBrewer All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 5 11-02-2010 12:46 PM
North Korea Beer Commerical Julohan General Chit Chat 14 09-24-2009 10:00 PM
CommerICal beer discussion? Ketchepillar Commercial Brew Discussion 0 06-01-2009 10:54 PM
Atlanta - Just found a great commerical beer menu (kegs) Philip1993 Commercial Brew Discussion 5 11-15-2007 01:39 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS