Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What is your favorite commerical beer?

Old 03-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #31
SwAMi75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

So many styles!

Weienstephaner Hefeweizen...the benchmark hefe, IMO. Haven't been able to find it around here in quite a while.

I go through quite a bit of Hoegaarden, Sammy Smith porter, and Sierra Nevada Pale ale, depending on my mood.

I guess those qualify as commercial. I've gotten damned picky since I've gotten into brewing. The only big macro I'll pay for now is Yuengling. I used to think Hurricane was the business considering the price, then one day I poured it into a glass and let the odor escape....krikey!

Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #32
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have to go with Sprecher Dopple Bock right now, it's a seasonal brew, I highly suggest it.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #33
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sause
I have to go with Sprecher Dopple Bock right now, it's a seasonal brew, I highly suggest it.
ERRR!!!! I miss Sprecher's brews.....Hopefully I can still find some of that when I'm up there in April.....
Staying in Milwaukee and catching a Brewers game. I'm psyched. The highlight will be bringing home a case or two of Leinies. Creamy Dark here I come!!!!!!!!
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #34
ryser2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janx
Since y'all are in the right neck of the woods, have you had Stoudt's? Their beer is awesome. I always get it when I'm visiting the in-laws in PA. The ESB is great!
I see Stoudt's every time I go to my local beer distributor, but I never expected it to be any good. Most of the "local" homebreweries aren't that great (Appalachian, Lancaster, Flying Fish, Victory). I will definitely try it next time...

As for a favorite, I don't have one in particular...
Any Sam Adams
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Steam Beer
Boddington's
Bass Ale

I spend about 20 minutes at the distributor every time I go, it's such a hard decision

And of course, there's always the old standby of Yuengling. It flows from the taps around here, I live only 10 minutes away from the brewery.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #35
rightwingnut

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryser2k

As for a favorite, I don't have one in particular...
Any Sam Adams
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Steam Beer
Boddington's
Bass Ale

I spend about 20 minutes at the distributor every time I go, it's such a hard decision

And of course, there's always the old standby of Yuengling. It flows from the taps around here, I live only 10 minutes away from the brewery.
Good taste, my man. Aside from Boddington's (which I've never tried), all of those are favorites of mine. Bass used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, Sam Adams is always good, Anchor's a new favorite, Sierra Nevada is liquid gold, and no matter what they may say, I'll always love Yeungling.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #36
NUCC98

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwingnut
Good taste, my man. Aside from Boddington's (which I've never tried), all of those are favorites of mine. Bass used to be the greatest thing in the world to me, Sam Adams is always good, Anchor's a new favorite, Sierra Nevada is liquid gold, and no matter what they may say, I'll always love Yeungling.

Boddingtons is interesting......it's a pale golden ale in a can w/ a nitro widget in it. So you end up w/ this crisp light golden ale w/ a Guinness head on it.......

Old 03-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #37
ryser2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The Guinness head is what is good about it, without that it would probably not be very impressive... in fact, I know it wouldn't be... I tried to brew a clone of Boddington's and bottle condition it, and it was nowhere near as good...

Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryser2k
The Guinness head is what is good about it, without that it would probably not be very impressive... in fact, I know it wouldn't be... I tried to brew a clone of Boddington's and bottle condition it, and it was nowhere near as good...
Shiner Bock. It goes so damn good on a hot summer day after cutting the grass, or with some good ol' Texas BBQ!

If I had to pick 2, #2 would be Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing. If you've never had it, don't cheat yourself any longer! Try the Bastard.........if your worthy! (so the bottle says )

Cheers!
DeRoux'S Broux

Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 AM   #39
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
Shiner Bock. It goes so damn good on a hot summer day after cutting the grass, or with some good ol' Texas BBQ!

If I had to pick 2, #2 would be Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing. If you've never had it, don't cheat yourself any longer! Try the Bastard.........if your worthy! (so the bottle says )

Cheers!
DeRoux'S Broux
Just picked up a bottle. It's chilling in the fridge right now....yay for me!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #40
Deuchar
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Deuchar's IPA not surprisingly
Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
Both of these are Scottish

Also...

Belgian: Maredsous, Chimay Blue, Brigand
French: Pelforth Brune
German: Schifferhoffer Weizen