Post counter go away !! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Post counter go away !!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #21
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 23,208
Liked 1662 Times on 1075 Posts


I just went to my control panel, selected "my topics" and hit the "last" button.
__________________
Welcome to BrewHardware.com. I love you.
BIAB Large Mesh False Bottoms and SS HERMS COILS are IN!!
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
EvilTOJ
 
EvilTOJ's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Posts: 6,401
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts


I was going to point to one of my first posts, but it references my 'old' username which will never be uttered again. So, here's my second thread.
__________________
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #23
BigKahuna
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
BigKahuna's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Posts: 5,971
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
I was going to point to one of my first posts, but it references my 'old' username which will never be uttered again. So, here's my second thread.
YUCK!

and A Kings Ransome to the first person that remembers EvilTOJ's old name!
__________________
Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #24
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,883
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts


Um, I remember it perfectly well, but out of respect for EvilTOJ I shall not utter it.

(you can tell from my sig EXACTLY how much respect I have for him.... )
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #25
Tonedef131
 
Tonedef131's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,891
Liked 31 Times on 16 Posts


Get used to it, there is a handful of "superstars" on this board and it's basically their personal chat room. It seems the more people post, the less beer related their posts become.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #26
McKBrew
 
McKBrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Posts: 8,204
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedef131 View Post
Get used to it, there is a handful of "superstars" on this board and it's basically their personal chat room. It seems the more people post, the less beer related their posts become.
That's a pretty unfair assesment don't you think? I could take a sample of numerous people with high post counts and although they may chat among eachother more, they still jump in and help out with brewing questions all of the time.
__________________
Make Beer, Not War.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #27
Tonedef131
 
Tonedef131's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,891
Liked 31 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
That's a pretty unfair assesment don't you think? I could take a sample of numerous people with high post counts and although they may chat among eachother more, they still jump in and help out with brewing questions all of the time.
Sure it is, but the internet is all about generalizing. I didn't really mean it as a negative thing though, thats just how it is. There is a lot of the same questions asked over and over and over on here and you can only type out the same answer so many times before getting bored. Only about 5% of the beer-related content on here is involved enough to keep and experienced brewer coming back. So while searching for that stuff you end up posting in the off topic threads that you see.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #28
PseudoChef
 
PseudoChef's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Posts: 3,406
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedef131 View Post
Sure it is, but the internet is all about generalizing. I didn't really mean it as a negative thing though, thats just how it is. There is a lot of the same questions asked over and over and over on here and you can only type out the same answer so many times before getting bored. Only about 5% of the beer-related content on here is involved enough to keep and experienced brewer coming back. So while searching for that stuff you end up posting in the off topic threads that you see.
Amen, brotha'! I agree wholeheartedly.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #29
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,883
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts


I'm going to guess that I'm one of those that you're talking about...

I confess, I don't post as much pure beer-stuff anymore, and you're right - it's hard to answer the same question two hundred times. Trust me, though - go back through my history, there's a sh!t-ton of beer questions I've answered.
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
I'm going to guess that I'm one of those that you're talking about...

I confess, I don't post as much pure beer-stuff anymore, and you're right - it's hard to answer the same question two hundred times. Trust me, though - go back through my history, there's a sh!t-ton of beer questions I've answered.
Same here. I still do today, more or less depending on how busy I am and how much I feel like answering a question I've answered a nutload of times. Plus, since Revvy showed up, it's easier and easier to slack off in this regard, because that mf'er is like the help desk---he lurks around here and just answers questions as they pop up, usually within 30 seconds.
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counter Flow Counter Productive? Cistercian General Techniques 14 10-21-2008 03:08 AM
Counter top dishwasher grasshopper1917 Equipment/Sanitation 5 01-30-2008 11:48 PM
Counter pressure? Sea Bottling/Kegging 6 09-12-2007 11:46 AM


Forum Jump