Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Off to Louisville

Old 08-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
newkarian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Off to Louisville

Well Im off to Louisville for 3 months to do a pediatric anesthesia rotation. Any thoughts on good places to eat or good pubs to hang out in?
On Tap/Bottled: Strong Dark Belgian Ale(bretted),Belgian Imperial Stout (2nd AG), Partigyle Dry Stout, Apfelweinx2, Dont Fear the RIIPA, Cream of three crops
Planning: Roggenbier, Biere de Garde, Golden Strong Ale, Barleywine, Something with Brett

Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Rick500
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yep!

Go across the river (I-65 to I-265W, then take the Grant Line Rd exit, left at the light, then left at the Pizza Hut) to Richo's/New Albanian Brewery.

It's, maybe, 25 mins or a half hour from Louisville. Well worth the drive. Sit in the pub side, not the Sportstime Pizza side.

Try the NABC sampler. I was there a few days ago and they have Beak's Best ESB on tap again after a long absence. Give it a try. (Delerium Tremens on tap too.)

Downtown, The Pub (on 4th Street) is decent but pretty commercial (they do have a few good brews though, including Fuller's ESB, on tap). And try the fried pickle spears.

Browning's at Slugger Field is good. Try the Browning's She-Devil IPA. I haven't eaten there, but the food does look good.

Cumberland Brews is spoken highly of, but I've never been able to get in there; parking isn't easy and it's always been packed. Maybe a weekday night would work.

Edit: I just looked at your profile and see you must be fond of Belgians. Definitely hit Richo's, in that case. There's a good selection of Belgians on tap.