Things to do when drinking - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Things to do when drinking

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #11
bluefoxicy
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Kid, what do you weigh? About 130#, soaking wet?

Don't lie to us, it's not going to get you respect. By your own admission, you've drank less beer in your life than most of us did before we were 16. I ain't buying your "8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours," unless the Bacardi in question happened to be stuff your older brother had diluted to about 20 proof in your parent's liquor cabinet.
150. And I'm an only child. Parents don't drink, and I only got the stuff experimentally (though amusingly, rum in coke seems to have grown on me...).

Some people are naturally able to handle more alcohol but I'm not sure I've pushed a necessary limit to prove that yet. It's not like I drank a whole bottle of JD or something (I've seen someone do that in 2 hours too, he could NOT stand. Was funny).

I've learned not to be too surprised about anything after the caffeine experiment.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #12
bethlehembrewer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Veneta, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
I like to get on the wife. then pass out. nothing in between
Haha. My old college roommate did this all the time.

I don't think larger people always have a higher tolerance. An old friend was captain of the football team and the center. He would be hammered off of 4 beers.

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #13
bethlehembrewer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Veneta, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefoxicy View Post
150. And I'm an only child. Parents don't drink, and I only got the stuff experimentally (though amusingly, rum in coke seems to have grown on me...).

Some people are naturally able to handle more alcohol but I'm not sure I've pushed a necessary limit to prove that yet. It's not like I drank a whole bottle of JD or something (I've seen someone do that in 2 hours too, he could NOT stand. Was funny).

I've learned not to be too surprised about anything after the caffeine experiment.
Heres a solution. Learned this one in college. Drink an entire bottle of Bacardi in about 4 hours, plus a few beers. Yes you might yell at some trees on the way home, but it will teach you a ton.

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 AM   #14
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

hey its not like I do it on purpose- I do it cause Im married.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #15
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Don't feel bad, I do the same thing, mike. I get drunk and pass out on your wife all the time.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2007
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 691 Times on 488 Posts

She told me she's getting a little tired of the two of you doing that.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #17
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 804 Times on 510 Posts

Hey little guy, nobody cares how much booze you think you can (or can't) handle. This isn't a "how to get drunk" forum. It's a forum that's largely focused on making beer, which you apparently hate. Go play with your Wii.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Hey little guy, nobody cares how much booze you think you can (or can't) handle. This isn't a "how to get drunk" forum. It's a forum that's largely focused on making beer, which you apparently hate. Go play with your Wii.
+1

I've generally been avoiding newb threads lately... just haven't had the patience to be as helpful as I should be.... the regulars here will understand, I'm sure... sometimes you feel like it, sometimes you don't. And if you're going to be a sour prick, it's better that you stay hell out of newb threads rather than make them think HBTer's are EAC's....

But I'm sorry guys... this dude is annoying me... I just had to say it. I'll bite my tongue from here forward. I hope he learns to enjoy the community here and I hope he feels welcomed and becomes old hat himself some day... but I just don't have patience for his immaturity.

Maybe I'll try reading his posts again in a couple of months... if he's still around.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
Sherpa FE
The < 1% Club
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Blairsville, Georgia
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Yuri, dude, I normally agree with you but I have to throw the BS flag on this one.
His comment was posted in the drunken ramblings forum, and unless I am mistaken, it falls into nicely.

Just because he is young and inexperienced, does not deserve a bashing.
Below are just a couple of threads that deal with drinking and getting drunk. There are more that I could not find, but I remember posting in them.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/show...ng-game-70071/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/whos...-tonite-74738/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/how-...ays-row-75102/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot View Post
But I'm sorry guys... this dude is annoying me... I just had to say it. I'll bite my tongue from here forward. I hope he learns to enjoy the community here and I hope he feels welcomed and becomes old hat himself some day... but I just don't have patience for his immaturity.

Maybe I'll try reading his posts again in a couple of months... if he's still around.
So heres an idea, dont say anything, dont read his posts, and that way you wont have to be bothered, but it does no good to post saying that " the dude is annoying me"

Overall this forum is a GREAT place to talk to other people about anything, even recently new discussion rooms added to make it a more social place, but I must say, the rudeness of the people has gotten a lot more evident, and really irritating.
I dont want to hear that they are noobs, or young, or immature, or stupid, or whatever, if you CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT SAY IT.
Just be helpful, and if its too much for you to do that, ignore the post.

There, I have said it, I am sure that I just put a BIG target on my back I will start getting hate mail and death threats, but I am sorry guys, I just didnt feel it was right.

Josh

Old 08-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #20
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7712 Times on 5418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE View Post

So heres an idea, dont say anything, dont read his posts, and that way you wont have to be bothered, but it does no good to post saying that " the dude is annoying me"

Overall this forum is a GREAT place to talk to other people about anything, even recently new discussion rooms added to make it a more social place, but I must say, the rudeness of the people has gotten a lot more evident, and really irritating.
I dont want to hear that they are noobs, or young, or immature, or stupid, or whatever, if you CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT SAY IT.
Just be helpful, and if its too much for you to do that, ignore the post.

Josh
You know that I'm always a believer if the "if you can't say something nice" camp.

I guess, though, that I'm definitely with the others on this one. Someone joins a brewing forum, and then complains because they don't like beer and/or alcohol, and make 100 posts. Someone is trolling, and it isn't me.

Noobs are always welcome, and this forum is a great resource for information. But, it's not a country club or even a night club. It's a brewing forum. Because we genuinely like each other, though, we talk about a lot of other things. Drunken ramblings or no, we usually have something to talk about.

Even with me talking about my life and hobbies, I think more than 1% of my posts are brewing related. I'm thinking that's what the issue is- bombarding the board with 100 posts that have absolutely nothing to do with brewing is irritating. At least to some of us.

Closed Thread