Employment Issues - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Employment Issues

Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #11
NJTomatoguy
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Maple Shade NJ
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Recorded the messages he left, saved to microcassete forever. Went to local police, filed harrasment charges, barring him from contacting me. He actually yelled at the cop. He has little man syndrome. I'm 5'6 220. He's smaller than me but a cocky little ****. He is also suing his former partner, the mgr that hired me, and someone else he did business with.

Anybody know anything about being sued?

I have been searching the web, and can't really find an answer to one very specific ?

Here it is: I resigned- He says he fired me. Later in the week, I contact parent company, which holds my license, and get offered job. During the interview, they ask why I left. I show them the "new" contract this goof wanted me to sign, cutting my pay and charging me for processing. I had already quit/been dishcharged. Was I wrong for showing the parent company that he also was doing business with another company, planning to move all business to the other company?
Basically they found out thru me that he was leaving as a net branch.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #12
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 337 Times on 169 Posts

What is he suing you for? Tell him you will sue him for everything under the sun including loss of services from your spouse.

The moral of the story. Don't answer help wanted ads on Craiglist as they are obviously too cheap to use a headhunter or pay for an ad in a newspaper or online service. That should be a big RED FLAG.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Tell short stuff to grow up.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 AM   #13
Donasay
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Boston
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

the simplest way to get out of it is to not get served the paperwork... I'm just saying that if you know an officer of the court is looking for you to serve you with a lawsuit, it may be best to duck out the back or go on a long camping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
monty73741
Recipes 

Jan 2008
baltimore, md (dundalk)
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Do a case search to see if he is acuatuall sueing people or just threatening. You need money to put down as a retainer. I delt with the same thing a few years ago. It was with an advertiser. I showed another advertiser my bill & Some how the person running this local paper found out. Telling me i had no right to show people the bills that their was privacy etc etc. I then told him their was no privacy statement in the bill LOL. (bills are a type of contract). I would consult an attorney. Plus when i started working with my dad at his real estate business we were always getting yelled at by people saying they were going to sue. 10 years later no lawsuits. (knock on wood). It scared me at first but my uncle said dont wory till you are served

Old 09-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #15
NJTomatoguy
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Maple Shade NJ
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The timing was impeccable.

I worked at a company earlier in the year. Made 10k a month. yea, I know. Why did you leave? I left because of a former employee, he lied about things.

So, Today, out of the blue, my old boss calls me. Asks about my dogs, old girlfriend, etc. Just BSing about stuff. We are still friends.. Talked for an hour, on the phone...
Fishing, hunting, life in general.

Get in here.

I went in, my old desk is like a shrine. Like the day I left.

We want you back, when can you start?

Monday. Same pay. Same everything. Yup. Just come back!

I am back inthe groove..
Life is good

Check out this clip.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #16
NJTomatoguy
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Maple Shade NJ
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We laughed about this last time they tried to talk me into coming back.
They got me.
Family..

The owner of the company actually asked me" why did you go anywhere else?

Back where i belong, and all is well.

And no, I'm not Italian.
Irish/Polish/German

But once you're in, you're in..

Old 09-04-2008, 02:37 AM   #17
stever
Recipes 

Mar 2008
St. Louis
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Who knew that was that kind of money in Tomatoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Great Cock man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
yeah, i've got big balls

Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #18
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Just FYI, you can sue anyone for anything, even over a ham sandwich. It's whether it gets laughed out of court and possible you have to pay for court costs for wasting everyone's time is the clincher.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
monty73741
Recipes 

Jan 2008
baltimore, md (dundalk)
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

usually the person who loses pays your court cost