What's your favorite recipe? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > What's your favorite recipe?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
Michael_Currie
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
Posts: 34


Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:53 PM   #2
richanne
Recipes 
 
Jul 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 73

It's a recipe that Rich came up with together with the brewer at Rock Bottom in Scottsdale. They brewed up a batch earlier this year for the restaurant, and Rich has got some going now in a fermenter in the beer fridge. RB stands for both Rock Bottom and Rich Brady. Excellent.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
sweepking
Recipes 
 
Oct 2004
Posts: 37

Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
rdlamb2
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepking
Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!
I live in Eastern Washington and like most people from this area. I like a hoppy IPA. Two weeks ago I brewed a nice IPA and even dry hopped it but wasn't quite satisfied with the hoppieness. Any real hoppy IPA recipies out there?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
The Professor
 
The Professor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
West Jordan, UT
Posts: 47

I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. A sure delight for any hop lover.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #6
rdlamb2
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
Posts: 11

It looks good I think I will give it a try. Are Amarillo hops easy to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor
I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. I sure delight for any hop lover.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 AM   #7
The Professor
 
The Professor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
West Jordan, UT
Posts: 47

We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:10 AM   #8
rdlamb2
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor
We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops
I grew cascades last summer but I was working on a masters and didn't worry about taking care of them. This summer I will preserve enough to last a years worth of brewing. I am planning to plant another variety this spring. Haven't decided what to plant yet. But I do like hoppy beer and I want to plant something that has proven to do well in my area. Maybe I will try to find some northern brewer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #9
beerdon110
Recipes 
 
Dec 2004
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Currie
Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.
I make a rasberry flavored belgian wit using a lactic mash and 2 lbs of frozen rasberries every summer and it is about my favorite.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #10
grant
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Posts: 5

amber ale-11. lbs 2row,1.5lbs of 120 crstal ,6 oz cara-pils, bitter w/ no brewer,williamette to flaver, cascade for aroma, 38 ibu try to get half of them from the cascade,wlp001or wyeast 1056

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite Recipe Srm277 Recipes/Ingredients 8 01-21-2009 02:07 AM
What is Your Favorite Recipe? Brewpastor Recipes/Ingredients 4 02-01-2008 03:57 AM
My New Favorite Recipe BarleyWater Recipes/Ingredients 1 03-02-2007 11:27 PM
Your Favorite IPA Recipe? mayday1019 Recipes/Ingredients 1 02-07-2006 08:15 AM
What's your favorite recipe? raynor Cider Forum 2 10-10-2005 10:33 AM


Forum Jump