An apparrently pointless name change - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > An apparrently pointless name change

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #21
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astounded_Gnome View Post
Oh look at ollllllo getting all knowledgable about the region after visiting Orfy!

Any mancunian is good. My brother works there. The one thing I can't handle is the pathetic attempts at Mancunian from ALL the players on "Frasier". Including the English bint that's really from London.

You already blew your cover. What the hell's a bint?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #22
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

We had discussions about min-ging and an-ging and ban-ging.

Oh the fun we had!
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #23
Brewin_Bob

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Spring, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
I'd love to have the UK as a 51st state, but only if we can refer to it as England.
Maybe add the UK to likes of Puerto Rico. Not really a state, more of an American property . After all, until the Revolutionary War, we were merely another set colonies.

I'm kidding, of course. I'd love to visit the UK especially the pubs!

-- Kings Full Brewery --
-- Currently Being Remodeled --

Primary:None
Secondary:None
Conditioning:Lemstrac Wine, first mead
Bottled:None

Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #24
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter View Post
Add another Gnome to the ranks... Soon we will take over Pirates and Ninjas!!!! Whaahahahahaha (evil gnome laugh)

And then there's Orfy...WTF is it with Gnomes all of a sudden? You can't compare them with Pirates and Ninjas...Gnomes really don't kick ass.

They're just kinda creepy...

Oh now I see the appeal

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #25
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
I don't and won't ever consider the UK European. That is of course until the UK abandons the British Pound Sterling for the Euro, LOL! You guys did, however, hold your nose and build a tunnel to France, LOL!

All kidding aside, I consider our British brothers to be our closest ally and would stand with them until death!

Hehe ...One time at Cleveland airport while they separated the foreign guy (me) from my future spouse, future wifey had to endure getting chatted up by a German guy. No problem, I arrived on the scene a little later, and we all had a beer in the bar. He didn't know I was English, but for some reason he kept going on about how the English are "bad" Europeans....He went on to explain that no matter how often Germany and France explained to the English that the monetary union was a good thing, The English were far too big headed and arrogant to do what they told them to do. Then this guy just went on a total stupid rant about it! Stupid arrogant English will NOT do what we tell them!!!.......Maybe he was just druck.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #26
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Nothing against other Europeans, but the UK is better suited as a 51st state if America would have us than a member of the EU.
Hey, that would be great! Then maybe they can stop casting those covetous looks at us!

Back away from the poutine, you Yanks!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #27
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Hey, that would be great! Then maybe they can stop casting those covetous looks at us!
Oh crap!! You noticed that!?

Plan B guys

Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #28
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
And then there's Orfy...WTF is it with Gnomes all of a sudden? You can't compare them with Pirates and Ninjas...Gnomes really don't kick ass.

Oh I beg to differ.... Gnomes can be powerful.... veeerrrryyy powerful.....

Check up on your gnome lore with this: Amazon.com: Gnomes: Wil Huygen, Rien Poortvliet: Books

Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #29
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3756 Times on 3587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij Kabouter View Post
Oh I beg to differ.... Gnomes can be powerful.... veeerrrryyy powerful.....

Check up on your gnome lore with this: Amazon.com: Gnomes: Wil Huygen, Rien Poortvliet: Books
Those are the smart ones. The dumb ones electrocute themselves and fall off cliffs in Travelocity commercial.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #30
Rezilynt

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Bellingham, Washington
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
I corrected that for you. I hope it makes you want to hit me.
Yes it does, but since I gave you a beat down for the football comment last week, I'll let it pass.