American IPA Hazed and Infused Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safale-05
Yeast Starter
none
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
none
Tasting Notes
This beer is fantastic
Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 7.16 gal
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 9.4 SRM
Estimated IBU: 41.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
10lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 87.84 %
12.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 6.76 %
8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 4.50 %
1.5 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 0.90 %
.75 oz Chinook [11.00 %] (60 min) Hops 28.8 IBU
0.75 oz Williamette [4.6 %] (30 min) Hops 9.2 IBU
0.75 oz Cascade [6.3 %] (5 min) Hops 3.3 IBU
1.00 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 11.10 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
75 min Mash In Add 13.88 qt of water at 164.2 F 152.0 F

This is close in color to original, a tad darker. It is the best beer I have made, a keeper.

I love this beer and I really like this recipe. I would assume it comes out darker then the original with roasted barley added.

I love this beer and I really like this recipe. I would assume it comes out darker then the original with roasted barley added.

Im not sure, because roasted barley is used in their recipe, as well as "medium carmel" malts, so I assumed 40L would be close.

has anyone brewed this recently?

Thinking of giving it a go. It looks good either way, and I kinda like the commercial version.

This is an excellent beer. Admittedly, I wouldn't call it a hazed and infused clone, as it does have a bit of a different taste. However, its very good; one of my favorites so much so that I'm making another batch of it.

I would love to know what differences you tasted?? Was the roast to previlant??
I've been looking to brew this beer lately and came across this thread.
It's worth noting that they have slightly changed the recipe I think. There website now lists Nugget hops being used which are interchangeable with Chinook, and the cascade addition has gone away, giving way to a crystal and centinnial addition earlier, and then dry hopped additions of the two later. Just an FYI Going by the name I'm thinking of Using My hop rocket infuser with the crystal and cenntinnial, and also dry hopping after fermentation is done. I've heard of commercial brewers doing this trick so the aroma of the dry hop addition isn't blown off with the C02.

This is an excellent beer. Admittedly, I wouldn't call it a hazed and infused clone, as it does have a bit of a different taste. However, its very good; one of my favorites so much so that I'm making another batch of it.

Glad you liked it, I haven't done a batch in a while, i'll have to do another and do a side by side comparison.

A buddy of mine bought the grain for this, and was trying to get it brewed before his wife gave birth. That didnt happen so I was gifted the grains, and made this about 4 months ago. I dont usually botttle, but since he bought the grains, I wanted to split the batch with him, so I bottled it. I put the bottles in the closet and forgot about them til last week. Chilled one down last weekend, wow did this turn out good, a really solid beer, and the head on this beer is thick. I will be brewing this again.

Chilled one down last weekend, wow did this turn out good, a really solid beer, and the head on this beer is thick. I will be brewing this again.

I really need to re brew this as well, it's been a while. Glad you liked it.

I made this beer three weeks ago tomorrow. I had it in the primary one week and transferred to secondary and dry hopped for a week. keged, crabbed, cooled, and drank! This is an UNREAL BEER! will be in my permeant rotation! Thank you so much for sharing!

wildwest450 said:
Im not sure, because roasted barley is used in their recipe, as well as "medium carmel" malts, so I assumed 40L would be close.

Medium crystal is British 55

i used 05, but i am going to mess around with yeast next time i brew. might try 05 in one 5 gal and denny fav in the other 5gal

05 has become my go to yeast! I know there are others that are superior but 05 works for me and I am the one who has to drink it!

No reason to update, it's still a solid recipe. Although I don't use dry yeast much anymore, 05 is still fine for dry.

I have no doubt that it's a good recipe, but it looks like Hazed and Infused is using different hops than what are listed in the OP.
If like to make a clone of their current recipe.

I have no doubt that it's a good recipe, but it looks like Hazed and Infused is using different hops than what are listed in the OP.
If like to make a clone of their current recipe.

I have no idea, email them and ask.

I brewed this about 5 or 6 weeks ago (using extract) and it turned out fantastic (currently drinking one from the keg). The only change I would personally make next time is to dial back or remove the roasted barley - not that it is bad in this recipe I just don't like roasted barley in general.

It is one of the best smelling beers I have ever brewed. A freshly poured glass has such a great aroma to it

Back