Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Looking For A Temp Control/Lagering Fridge?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Looking For A Temp Control/Lagering Fridge?

I'm wondering if there are any dorm fridges out there that are large enough to serve dual roles. I'm want to get a temp control and use it for more precise fermentation and would also like to be able to lager in it. Anything out there that will let me do this?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Magic Chef sells something that might work for you. They offer two models, one is marketed as a beverage cooler and the other is sold as a wine cooler. I measured these up early on when I was considering a kegerator/keezer and determined that 2 corny kegs would just fit if I were to cut the shelf supports. You just might be able to get a 5 gallon carboy in there.

They also come with a nifty built in temp sensor and SS edged glass door (you don't have to open it to see your brew!). I don't know what they market for, I saw a couple in the scratch and dent area of my local Home Depot a few months ago for ~$200.