Just thought I would share this. I've been brewing pretty steady for the last year or so and have never had this happen before! I mean, never had a beer fill the headspace of my minibrew and blow the lid off. Pretty interesting.
That was about 24 hours after pitching the yeast. I did the kit a little different than usual. I didn't boil, and followed the instructions on the kit. Ie. Brought 2lts of water to boil, took off stove, added the hopped extract and 2lbs DME, mixed with cold water up to 5 gallons in the primary, and pitched the yeast. The temp was pretty warm, I would say about 90 degrees.
Wow... I don't know if the DME sugars are different when they are not boiled or the pitching temp got the yeast very active but after 2 days there is no longer activity. The reading last night was .010 and the results are dry and actually very good for a young beer. Very little to no fruity esters wich are usualy common in this kit (at least from my previous brews of it).
Plan on double checking the readings tonight, and kegging if it looks fine. Laggering and carbing for a week. Wow, from extract to keg in less than 2 weeks.