Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Can I bottle Apfelwein in this bottle?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
kedash
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Can I bottle Apfelwein in this bottle?

http://www.tienda.com/wine/products/wn-23.html

The link above will take you to a picture of a cool three-sided bottle of Sangria that my friend buys. She gave me a bunch of the empty bottles because I thought I might be able to bottle our Apfelwein in them.

Basically, it's a screw-top wine bottle.

My questions are:

Can I bottle carbonated Apfelwein in them or is that dangerous because the glass isn't made for that much pressure?

If I bottle still (non-carbonated) Apfelwein in them, should I fill them to the top or leave a little headspace? I'm guessing I would still want to leave a little headspace, but I'm not sure.

Lastly, how long will still Apfelwein last (taste good) in a bottle?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
Matt Up North
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you bottle still you will be fine. I wouldn't carb it in those bottles though just in case. Always leave a little head space for expansion and aging. If you are storing for long term in a constant temp you can fill more full and not worry. The bottle can hold pressure, just not an extreme amount.