Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > food-grade phosphoric acid

Old 08-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default food-grade phosphoric acid

I'm trying to re-create the Sprecher Cream Soda. It has High Fructose Corn Sugar (I'll be using table sugar). Malto-dextrin for mouth feel, Honey, phosphoric acid (for bite), and of course vanilla and other flavors.

I won't get a replica of Sprechers (Unless I buy their 1 gallon mixes for $20), but I want to make something that is mine, but inspired by theirs. Once I get the base down with the above mentioned items, I'll start adding other flavorings to taste.

Does anyone know where to get food-grade phosphoric acid? I know it is something I will need to be extremely careful with. I will be researching how to work with it properly and I have a chemistry teacher friend that will be helping me out as well.

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 08-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
johnsma22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts

I don't know where to get the phosphoric acid, but I do know that if you call the Specher's brewery gift shop directly at (414) 964-2739 they will sell you the gallon jugs of concentrate for $14 a gallon.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1604 Times on 959 Posts
Likes Given: 4119

Try here: Solaris ChemTech Ltd. - Ortho Phosphoric Acid (Food Grade)