bubbling into airlock - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > bubbling into airlock

Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
benpen
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Evansville, IN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just made some edworts apfelwein and it started fermenting last nite sometime. Got up this morning and it had bubbled into the airlock. It is still bubbling so should i wait and clean out the airlock later or just leave it. Or should i clean it out immediately. Any ways just another dumb a newbie question. Thanks for all the help.

Ben

Old 08-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts

Go here, read this, do it, all is well.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...15&postcount=2

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Go Gators
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL

+1 on the blow off. If you don't have the tubing on hand, I would just clean it out after it stops bubbling into the airlock. Otherwise you may be cleaning it a lot. Just make sure you have vodka or sanitizer in the airlock.
On Tap - Sam Adam's Boston Lager
Next - Nothing at the moment
Reading - Radical Brewing

GO GATORS!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #4
l3uerger
Recipes 

Jan 2008

only made the apfelwein once (it is good just haven't gotten around to the next batch ;P)
but i was under the impression it wasn't supposed to blow off? what kind of yeast did u use?