Oklahoma Only Brewers Group on the HBT!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
oklahomaflag.bmp

Hey Okies, I thought I'd post this so all the newcomers to the forum have a chance to see where they can go for a Oklahoma Only brewers group. We are new, but growing fast and hope to be able to localize the help with people you could actually meet and do beer/yeast swaps and other events. It is a great place to learn about local brew clubs and their scheduled events as well. Come on in and say howdy if you get the chance, we'd love to have you.

Click this link to go to We Of Redman Territory , The Oklahoman-Only brewers group on HBT.COM.
Warriors.jpg

Wow, we're up to 24 in the group now. Keep promoting the site to people you talk to and lets get a bunch more on HBT and in the group. Welcome soonerbrewer1970!!!

Ok, anyone in Oklahoma tried their hand at growing hops? Everything else seems to grow well in my area so I have one Cascade and one Willamette rhyzome on the way to try out this season. Anyone with experience growing hops in OK out there?

Same boat as you BrewFrick! I have two in a aquaponic setup and two in the ground. I have never gotten them to grow very well anywhere, lol.

Ok, anyone in Oklahoma tried their hand at growing hops? Everything else seems to grow well in my area so I have one Cascade and one Willamette rhyzome on the way to try out this season. Anyone with experience growing hops in OK out there?

I planted mine on the East side of my brewery to avoid the searing Oklahoma afternoon heat. The cascades and centennials have done very well, the brewers gold not so good and goldings...forget about it. I do think chinooks would do good but I don't have those planted.

Hey there,

Are you guys still around? I'm moving to Norman from Austin in January. Would like to join the group or otherwise be involved.

Seems like there's a fairly active contingent of HB'ers in the OKC area, just not much activity on HBT. Gail always has something going on at her Brew Shop (OKC). I don't get to Learn To Brew (Moore) all that often, so don't know what's happening there.

Welcome to the area!

Fred

I just started homebrewing again recently in the Moore area. Just discovered Learn to Brew a couple weeks ago. Would be nice if some other OKC homebrewer could give some feedback on my brews.

Ah, I see. Well, I suppose I'll attempt to hook up with some of the OKC folks. Thanks for getting back to me though--it was as if the OK brewers had vanished into thin air reading this thread.

Fred: Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure we'll bump into one another somewhere along the line. And, I'm always up for a little drive for a great brew day or to exchange some brews.

Nompton: There's certainly no reason we can't brew or exchange some beers for tasting.

Sam

Hello from Tulsa!

I'm new to this site and home brewing. Only been doing it for 4 weeks now, but so far we've done 5 gal black sasion, 5 gal sessionable golden sasion, 5 gal porter, 5 gal London brown ale, 10 gal oatmeal stout. We are doing all grain, and I'm hooked! I was wondering if some of you in this area would be interested in going in on a pallet of base malt with me and two of my friends. We only need about 7-8 50 # sacks, so we really need a group buy.

There seems to be quite a bit of activity up around Tulsa. You should definitely check in on those folks as they may already have an institutionalized grain buy.

As for me, that's a little too much base malt without a lot of other people involved. And, my house base is German Pilsner. I really don't use regular Pale Malt or 2-Row. Welcome to the hobby!!

Hello from Tulsa!

I'm new to this site and home brewing. Only been doing it for 4 weeks now, but so far we've done 5 gal black sasion, 5 gal sessionable golden sasion, 5 gal porter, 5 gal London brown ale, 10 gal oatmeal stout. We are doing all grain, and I'm hooked! I was wondering if some of you in this area would be interested in going in on a pallet of base malt with me and two of my friends. We only need about 7-8 50 # sacks, so we really need a group buy.

well the group link on the first page seems to be broken, but I'm in Edmond and and doing 5gallon batches with a BIAB setup. Would love to get to know some folks around here who brew!

Hey guys, New all grain brewer here as well. I've been fine tuning my brutus 10 and finally have it up and running good. It's good to see other OK brewers on here enjoying the homebrew hobby.

Anyone else entering FOAM Cup this year?

I have a Christmas Ale I'd like to submit, but seeing as I've only been doing this for a very short amount of time, I'd like to hear some feedback from any other OK brewers who have entered competitions. More than anything, I just want the feedback.

It's tough to be objective about your own beers.

Anyone else entering FOAM Cup this year?

I have a Christmas Ale I'd like to submit, but seeing as I've only been doing this for a very short amount of time, I'd like to hear some feedback from any other OK brewers who have entered competitions. More than anything, I just want the feedback.

It's tough to be objective about your own beers.

I am also planning on enter this and it will be my first competition as well. I plan on enter an all grain Hefeweizen, so we'll see how it goes. Good luck

I'm just moving in January to Norman and won't have enough time for this stuff over the next couple of months. I look forward to meeting you guys though.

RocknRoll,

Thanks a ton! I'm looking forward to it. I'll actually be up there at the end of the month. Hopefully, we can brew and hoist a few in the future!

Crap, it's been awhile since I had time to check the group and now it looks like there are no more groups. Guess this could serve as our chat to keep up. Wanted to welcome all the new Okies to the forum and invite more chat amongst us. I haven't had time to brew with my new profession (see car dealer). Man I wish I could find a job where i had the time for brewing, much less the forum again. I used to be super-active.

If anyone is confused about the Oklahoma brewing laws for personal use, click here for a great explanation of legal "above 3.2% ABW beer." Gila does a great job of showing you what the law actually says.

Hey Wort.
Just checking in. Good to see you back.

I also wanted to offer any aid that I can to brewers in SWOK. We are quite isolated from the OKC and Tulsa brewers. Combine that with the lack of an LHBS, and I well aware of how challanging that can be.

I'm looking forward to a more robust brewing culture in our state. In time we can affect the culture of Oklahoma to the point of climbing into the modern age in regards to our state laws as well.

Just thought I'd sound off in this thread. I live in NW OKC and have been brewing for a little over a year. I do partial mash and I mainly brew hoppy beers. I would love to meet more brewers and learn more about this hobby.

A Big Thank You to Fred, Wort and others who have gotten me interested in this new hobby.
I live in Perry, but it is only an hour each way to go visit Gail.
I am looking forward to getting home and making my first batch:ban:
V/r
Mike

Anybody in the OKC area want to trade a brand new 5 gallon plastic fermenter for a 3 gallon plastic fermenter?

Thanks for the heads up. That sounds awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Just in case anyone else isn't as obsessively following Prairie Artisan Ales as I am, they are dropping their third iteration of their massively successful (and incredibly tasty) "Bomb!" next week.

Broadway Wine Merchants in OKC is taking pre-orders with no bottle limit. I'd really suggest getting a couple.

If anyone else is interested in trying to clone this one with me after a tasting, let me know!

I've never had it but I just moved back to OKC a few months ago. I've heard nothing but good about the beer.

Just in case anyone else isn't as obsessively following Prairie Artisan Ales as I am, they are dropping their third iteration of their massively successful (and incredibly tasty) "Bomb!" next week.

Broadway Wine Merchants in OKC is taking pre-orders with no bottle limit. I'd really suggest getting a couple.

If anyone else is interested in trying to clone this one with me after a tasting, let me know!

awesome! love the bomb and pirate bomb. where did you find this info?

awesome! love the bomb and pirate bomb. where did you find this info?

They tweeted it out a couple days ago, and I set aside four bottles for myself. I believe everyone when they sing the praises of Bomb!, but they're going to have a tough time topping their recent iteration of Prairie Noir and Prairie Vanilla Noir.

Thanks for the heads up Nompton. Was also impressed by the Prairie Noir and Vanilla Noir.

Back