Changes in my life - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Changes in my life

Old 08-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7718 Times on 5421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
Good luck with the transition, Lorena. It can't be easy...but you just need to have more kids now, right

(And then I'd have to kill myself).

Oh, and incidently- I really liked the hug comment. I could definitely use more hugs around here.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #22
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
(And then I'd have to kill myself).

Oh, and incidently- I really liked the hug comment. I could definitely use more hugs around here.
No hugs from me. I only do sneaky reach arounds. Sorry

Ah what the hell, BIG cyber hug for Yooper!!

You deserve one

Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

Yoop,

Best to you and yours! None of life's transitions are easy, but you've given that gal all she needs to do well and more. Sit back and watch her fly!

hugs!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #24
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Richland, WA
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I remember my mom missing me a lot for the first few month when I left for college, she used to make me awesome dinners when I would come home, but by the end of the first year she would look at me and give me the look like what are you doing here again? Funny thing is I think our relationship became a whole lot better when I left, not that it was bad when I lived with my parents, but we acted more like old friends after a while. Yoop you'll be OK and if anything you'll be super proud of your daughters accomplishments in college.
I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #25
CBBaron

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Cleveland
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Holy cow! I think y'all borrowed our dog and my daughter's packing skills. We haul ours off of to college tomorrow. I'm already working out what won't fit in the two cars we're taking. We will miss her, but it is also time for her to start learning to live on her own. Perhaps she could start by accepting the fact that a girl who hasn't changed her own sheets in 18 years probably doesn't need three color coordinating sets (with matching towels and shower caddy, oy).

Chad
These kids need to learn to pack!
It wasn't that long ago when I went off to college and packed everything into a 2door subcompact, including a stereo and computer.
My sisters went off to college with everything for both of them packed into a mini-van along with the whole family of 6.
Kids sure are different these days. And it hasn't been 2 decades yet since I started off to school.

Congratulations on getting the first one off to college Yoop. Mine starts school next year (kindergarten )

I guess I have a few years.

Craig

Old 08-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #26
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

I cried like a baby all the way home from MIZZOU when we dropped off my oldest her first year.

Cried a little more when I walked past her emptied out room when we got home.

Cried the next evening when she was noticeable absent while we were watching some tv.

Cried for my youngest daughter (then 9 years old) who missed her oldest sister terribly.

It got easier and the adjustment seemed natural before too long. We were evolving into empty nesters.

Then one day later in the season I burst into uncontrollable crying...when I got the bill from the college.

Congrats Yoop on helping her to her next stage in life. I feel your pain.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #27
Brandon O
Knapsnatchio
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Tempe
Liked 40 Times on 10 Posts

Well atleast she is living on campus in order to complete college, much easier to focus that way. Otherwise you end up being 27 years old and a senior.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #28
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7718 Times on 5421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnmilford View Post
Hang in there Yooper. She'll be home before you know it. I bet she's missing you as well.
Well, she's only called three times since this morning. She got a cool Spanish text for Spanish 201, apparently, and wanted to read it to me.

She's on the third floor, so her dad (yes!- considering he didn't help with tuition or anything else) helped her carry all that crap, including my former fermentation fridge.

Thanks for all the encouraging words- it gave me enough strength to walk into her room and smile instead of cry. I just wish I had a few more years of her high school times- we really had a great ride.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #29
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts

Congrats Yoop! It looks and sounds like you ahve done a fine job and she will be fine. You on the other hand may need some additional adult beverages for the next few days

Old 08-22-2008, 07:42 AM   #30
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Ah the kiddies grow up so fast, don't they? I've seen photos of your kids before, and it's creepy how they start to look more and more like you all the time. Times like these are tough, but you know it's for the best. Try as you might, you can't hold on to them forever. (((Hugs of encouragement))) She will be fine there, I promise.

OhioBrit, Yooper's son may not approve of her running around in the buff.