Regulator issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matovichi

Reaction score
So I just purchased a 3 way splitter for my regulator so that I may use more than one keg at a time. The kicker is this: the splitter is supposed to screw into the regulator where the gas-out port is. Now that in itself isn't a big deal, but I cannot for the life of me so much as loosen the nipple that is already in the regulator. It was sealed with silicone tape, and I am apparently not strong enough to move it. So I tried to heat it up to expand the joint a bit, but to no avail. After that, I just got a hammer and went to town on the wrench and still got nothing. I'm stumped. I don't want to damage the regulator, but I do want this splitter on there. Any suggestions?

Try to tighten it just a bit and then back it off the other way. The theory is it will spread the threads a bit and make it easier to loosen.

some regulators have left hand thread and some have right hand thread. but i'd hate for you to try to loosen it the other way and end up making it tighter. but if you can't get it loose, it won't hurt to try it clockwise.

Back