My Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OxBrew

Reaction score
New guy here (a neighbor who I got addicted to hombrewing referred me to the site) and thought I'd post some pics of my Home Depot freezer turned kegerator. I don't remember the model number off of my head but I can get it tonight.

This will eventually be integrated into a bar sometime.

Virgin:

IMG_3883Large.jpg

IMG_3884Large.jpg

Double sided insulating foam:
IMG_3885Large.jpg

Building the 2x4 collar (3 taps is enough plus room for bottles):
IMG_3901.jpg

4 kegs with a 5# C02 tank but I opted for a 20# C02 tank:
IMG_3913Large.jpg

Still in need of the 3rd ventmatic but this shows you the collar and the fan that comes on with the freezer for active cooling all controlled from the Ranco ETC.
IMG_3911Large.jpg

Currently configured with all 3 taps (although I just ran out of C02 and I will be cleaning up the lines/mounting the new manifold setup):
IMG_6053Large.jpg

I Kilz'd the collar since I doubt I'll be getting around to covering it in red oak as I originally planned. Pardon the few mess up spots where it dripped.

IMG_6052Large.jpg

I have a 10" drip plate but I'm not even going to install it. I'm wait for a 13" wide with a 12" tall backsplash one to arrive so that I can mount it to the collar vs. the freezer itself. With the exception of the foam (a few extra minutes of work) everything can quickly/easily be returned back to normal if need be.

Currently on tap-Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone (grain/extract) and a Bavarian Hefeweizen (all extract) with some extra hops I tossed in for fun.

I have a few different tap handles that I swap out depending on my mood. The Quagmire one is also a bobblehead. The strong beers are poured through that. :)

Giggidy Giggidy

Quick pic update:

IMG_6973Large.jpg

All 3 taps operating nicely with a Celebration Ale Clone, Blue Moon Clone, and Willamette Ale. :)

That's a simple yet nice looking set up you got there. Any clue how you were planning to incorporate it into a bar?

Thanks everyone!

What about a bottle cap catcher? One of my friends threw one on his wall (we party a lot there) and it does wonders.

I thought about the bottle cap catcher and may still do one out of some scrap aluminum when I finish a project on one of the other hobbies (car-drag racing). Will have them slide down to the trash can. Generally I don't have bottles minus when Bull ever walks his lazy ass up the street to swap homebrew samples. :)

Giggity giggity....I love the Quagmire handle...f'n awesome, lol.

I'm digging the quagmire handle. I may pick up a few more. It's a great bobble head too. And it is always on the beer with the most alcohol. Coincidence?

Don't encourage him! :D
You're one to talk...

That's a simple yet nice looking set up you got there. Any clue how you were planning to incorporate it into a bar?
Thanks! No clue yet honestly. I built it with a collar so that I can move/remove the collar to change things around if need be. Something tells me I'll build a tower and reroute through the collar but then I'll need to keep everything chilled so simplicity may be the best thing now so just keep it where it is and build around/over it.

Thanks.

For now the C02 tank will stay inside. I can make a taller collar and run 6 kegs with the C02 outside. Depends on how the bar build that's a long time away goes. :)

You know, if you would come around here more than once a month, you could get your post count to a more respectable level.
humpingsmiley.gif

Did you get the two flip-tops I left on your front porch? I figured if you take your Christmas lights down before next Christmas, you will find them while they are still fairly clean! hehehe

Forgot to update this thread-rebuilt the collar and went for 6 taps-waiting on the new ventmatics to come back out before I redo them all (I have a standard tap on the far right shank just to block air). Right now 4 way c02 control but adding 2 more in shortly and then will post an inside shot-still debating on building a fermentation chamber off the side of it or not.

WP_20140321_004_zps462c1aa6.jpg

WP_20140401_22_52_05_Pro_zps08e69081.jpg

WP_20140401_22_51_45_Pro_zps8a8053b2.jpg

Enjoying a double IPA from my LHBS:
WP_20140402_22_11_17_Pro_zpsbf3cb7b9.jpg

if you buy the 7 gallon CO2 tank from beverage element....its tall and skinny you can fit it between the kegs and have all 6 kegs going

How would you build a fermentation off this? you need 2 different temps one for the beer one for the fermentation chamber

if you buy the 7 gallon CO2 tank from beverage element....its tall and skinny you can fit it between the kegs and have all 6 kegs going

How would you build a fermentation off this? you need 2 different temps one for the beer one for the fermentation chamber

Thanks for the heads up on the 7G though I run my C02 through the collar-tank sits behind the setup-easier to swap out/adjust.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/fermentation-chamber-build-464638/ outlines what I'm thinking about. The other option is to run my portable AC unit in the room to keep it down to temperature or cutting a new door into my crawl space so that I can carry carboys in-it's sealed/insulated-64-66 degrees average temperatures. Lots of decisions.

Back