ugh I need a kegging setup - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > ugh I need a kegging setup

Old 08-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I just finished up a 10 gallon bottling marathon. 5 gallons of northern brewer extra pale ale (effing delicious, can't wait for it to carb) and 5 gallons of ed's apfelwein (my first batch of that stuff). I made a deal with SWMBO that I'd take her to the mall and to target to just shop around and I wouldn't complain at all and she'd help me bottle. She crimped the caps on the EPA but fell asleep on the sofa after that. Oh well, what can you do. It was a good day. Plenty of time with the wife and 101 bottles of homebrew crimped. 3.5 hours from start to finish including cleanup and a little prep for tomorrow's double header brew. I now have over 6 cases of homebrew aging in bottles. It's a good feeling.

"No-s**t" flight school starts on Monday, so this weekend is a BIG weekend for homebrew. And for beer in general.

Right now I'm having my very first glass of apfelwein. I'm drinking it with a heavy splash of tonic water for sweetness and fizz. Wow this is good. I can't wait till it gets some age on it. And holiy s**t...the lower the level of this glass gets, the moree I think this shold go in the drunken ramlbings instead of bottling/kegging...
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 08-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Neunelfer

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Northern California
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastarine View Post
I just finished up a 10 gallon bottling marathon. 5 gallons of northern brewer extra pale ale (effing delicious, can't wait for it to carb) and 5 gallons of ed's apfelwein (my first batch of that stuff). I made a deal with SWMBO that I'd take her to the mall and to target to just shop around and I wouldn't complain at all and she'd help me bottle. She crimped the caps on the EPA but fell asleep on the sofa after that. Oh well, what can you do. It was a good day. Plenty of time with the wife and 101 bottles of homebrew crimped. 3.5 hours from start to finish including cleanup and a little prep for tomorrow's double header brew. I now have over 6 cases of homebrew aging in bottles. It's a good feeling.

"No-s**t" flight school starts on Monday, so this weekend is a BIG weekend for homebrew. And for beer in general.

Right now I'm having my very first glass of apfelwein. I'm drinking it with a heavy splash of tonic water for sweetness and fizz. Wow this is good. I can't wait till it gets some age on it. And holiy s**t...the lower the level of this glass gets, the moree I think this shold go in the drunken ramlbings instead of bottling/kegging...
It's like 10am (where you live) and you are already on your way to being drunk, I love it.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

haha no, that was at 1:49am. More reasonable, less entertaining.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Blender

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Santa Cruz, CA.
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Yep, you would love kegging. It is one of the best things I ever did. The beer is clear as a bell and always ready if you want one. I went with picnic taps because it is just me doing most of consuming.