Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > primary only for pumpkin ale??

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
illinibrew04
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default primary only for pumpkin ale??

Hey guys,
I just brewed my annual pumpkin ale last weekend. It's in the primary right now at 68 degrees. I know many of you don't even bother with a secondary. Since the pumpkin went into the primary with the wort, I was just wondering if it's still ok to just leave it in the primary and not even secondary it. I was thinking I'd just leave it in there for 4-5 weeks and then rack to the keg. As always, thanks for the advice.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 30

If you can rack without disturbing it and you are happy with the clarity then no problem.
If I was doing it then I'd be half expecting to need a secondary conditioning clearing vessel.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

If the pumpkin went into the primary then I would let it sit for 3 weeks, then rack over to a secondary to clear....

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew