Longest bar in the world - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Longest bar in the world

Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Podunk, VA. Not far from the NC line.
Liked 33 Times on 14 Posts

Ohio I just emailed you a .pps that has a bar you might like. Sorry to the rest of you. I cant figure how to get the images out of my .pps veiwer to post for all.

Edit: sorry Ohio it looks like they have no taps either! what is this world coming to?
primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
Ohio I just emailed you a .pps that has a bar you might like. Sorry to the rest of you. I cant figure how to get the images out of my .pps veiwer to post for all.
I couldnt open it. It's a shame, 'cos I like good bars!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
Torchiest

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Houston, TX
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

That's weird. On their website they state: "[T]he Beer Barrel boasts a 405 foot, 10 inch long bar, 160 bar stools, 56 beer taps and a seating capacity of 1,200. On a busy night the bar employs over 20 bartenders and opens two extra bars in the back and side of the building."

So those are 56 fake taps???
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #14
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchiest View Post
That's weird. On their website they state: "[T]he Beer Barrel boasts a 405 foot, 10 inch long bar, 160 bar stools, 56 beer taps and a seating capacity of 1,200. On a busy night the bar employs over 20 bartenders and opens two extra bars in the back and side of the building."

So those are 56 fake taps???

Why the fake taps? I dunno! I was there about 7/8 years ago and too busy shooting the moon at everyone to notice good beer......I'm a reformed character now!

I think they had peanuts in those days too though.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #15
CBBaron

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Cleveland
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I've been to Put-in-Bay several times. The town is primarily a college party town during the summer and I didn't really find any place that served a decent drink. The beer at the Put-in-Bay Brewery was horrible though the food was good. When I was there the Beer Barrel did at least serve Commodore Perry (IPA from Great Lakes Brewery) though the rest of the fare was BMC.

What we liked to do on the island was get bikes or a golf cart and go down to the winery on the island. The wine wasn't good but my wife likes it and its cheap. You can have a picnic outside on a table with a couple bottles of wine then wander around the island half lit on bikes or the cart. I guess we just like the environment much better than crowded bars.

Craig

Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post
I've been to Put-in-Bay several times. The town is primarily a college party town during the summer and I didn't really find any place that served a decent drink. The beer at the Put-in-Bay Brewery was horrible though the food was good. When I was there the Beer Barrel did at least serve Commodore Perry (IPA from Great Lakes Brewery) though the rest of the fare was BMC.

What we liked to do on the island was get bikes or a golf cart and go down to the winery on the island. The wine wasn't good but my wife likes it and its cheap. You can have a picnic outside on a table with a couple bottles of wine then wander around the island half lit on bikes or the cart. I guess we just like the environment much better than crowded bars.

Craig
You are exactly right. Hey, I will be going back there, there is a good atmosphere......But when I go back again I will have no illusions!

And yes the wine sucks as much as the beer! It all sucks!! Doesn't mean you can't have a good time! Just leave your opinions at the door. I know I will ............next time.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #17
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

OhioBrit, I'm beginning to wonder if you need to be on some kind of medication. Your rants are always frothing, yet inconsequential. Like a rabid lapdog stuck in an overpriced SUV. Also like the lapdog, frigging goddamn hilarious. Don't ever change, or I will slap you in the face with a large trout.

Reason: tpyoes r gud