buybacks, or lack thereof. - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > buybacks, or lack thereof.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 AM   #41
Donasay
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Boston
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

In some states it is actually illegal for bartenders to give away free drinks... I'm just saying, liquor laws vary, but bartenders do it for good regulars. The main question is how much did you tip and how much did beers cost. If beers cost $3 and you had tipped $10 for the night (beer and food), you don't deserve a free one, but if you had tipped say $15, I would probably slide you a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 AM   #42
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

Where I am a guy got plastered, wandered into the river, and drowned. We now have to pay a minimum of $2.50 a drink so nobody else will ever get plastered, wander into a river, and drown.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #43
jpsloan
Recipes 

Nov 2006
New Market, MD
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
We now have to pay a minimum of $2.50 a drink so nobody else will ever get plastered, wander into a river, and drown.
You underestimate my ability to wander into a river and drown.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #44
Melana
Up to no good....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2007
Norfolk, MA
Liked 2479 Times on 1360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm775 View Post
Completely different ... Gals vs. Guys is completely different. Way more common place for a woman to get free drinks than a guy.
Not the case here... the bartender is a very straight female.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #45
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Where I am a guy got plastered, wandered into the river, and drowned. We now have to pay a minimum of $2.50 a drink so nobody else will ever get plastered, wander into a river, and drown.
Are you sure he didn't just fail to notice the river?

jk. Manitoba has more geographies than Nebraska does. Now... Saskatchewan on the other hand..... I remember the time I fell asleep and drove off the road..... Nothing happened. I drove right back onto it.

Does that $2.50 even apply to swill? They're not allowed to host $1 PBR nights or anything? I can't decide whether they're trying to boost or drain the local economy!

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 08-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
Does that $2.50 even apply to swill? They're not allowed to host $1 PBR nights or anything? I can't decide whether they're trying to boost or drain the local economy!
Actually it's a minimum so it usually applies only to swill. If you want something better you have to pay more than that. Of course nobody drinks PBR up here. Mostly Molson and Labatt's products. You know, Canadian swill.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #47
srm775
Recipes 

Aug 2007
IL
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melana View Post
Not the case here... the bartender is a very straight female.
That's just what she tells you, until it's time for a tickle fight. That's HOT!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #48
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska

Quote:
Mostly Molson and Labatt's products. You know, Canadian swill.
Molson Canadian is only available by the 6'pk of bottles here in NE. Makes me a very sad Chriso. Up in Wisconsin, you can get 18pk's of Molson Canadian cans for like $12. It's heavenly. I need to make another WI run to stock up. Fill up the hatch!

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
Molson Canadian is only available by the 6'pk of bottles here in NE. Makes me a very sad Chriso. Up in Wisconsin, you can get 18pk's of Molson Canadian cans for like $12. It's heavenly. I need to make another WI run to stock up. Fill up the hatch!
I don't know anybody who drinks Molson Canadian. They changed the recipe a number of years ago just to try and get people to drink it but it didn't work. Honestly, we have more people up here who drink Budweiser (brewed by Molson under license) than Canadian. I certainly don't like it. I've often wondered why they continue to brew it when hardly anyone drinks it, but there have been many Americans who say they like it so I expect there's a robust export market. Enjoy!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #50
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska

My roommate (from Hamilton, before that, Windsor) drinks it too. He and I both agree on High Life as an alternative though.

I really liked the (I think it was) Sleemans Honey Lager? That was tasty. But I'm never drinking Crest again.