Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs

Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #251
guy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

ThompsonsGunner and SweetSounds thanks for the help!

Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #252
ryankim
Recipes 

Frigidaire - 7.2 Cu. Ft. for $165 at "BestBuy" !!!
"Get some!"

Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #253
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
I looked over the thread as best I could, but didn't see a lot of mention of carboys. Anyone with a GE 7.0cf able to say how many kegs they can fit along with a 5-gallon carboy or Better Bottle?

I was considering a GE 9.0, but then I realized it'd be around the same price for a 7.0 for kegs, along with a separate 5.0 as a lagering chamber (aside from the cost of the 2nd temp controller.)

In the meantime though, I'm just curious if I'd be able to keg a couple beers in the same chamber with 1 carboy/Better Bottle. Thanks!
It fits a carboy, 3 kegs and 10# CO2 tank. Someone asked me about it before and I checked it out for them...

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!
chezwikk Likes This 
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #254
Jaymo
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post
It fits a carboy, 3 kegs and 10# CO2 tank. Someone asked me about it before and I checked it out for them...
Thanks! I just picked up a GE 7.0 the other day. I even got the SWMBO to agree to getting another one for lagering in a couple months!

I don't know why, but I never thought about putting the carboy on the hump inside. I was picturing it on the floor. That layout works so much better and I only lose 1 keg! Thanks again. I'll definitely be doing this until I get the seperate lagering chamber.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #255
TomSD
Da Geek

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
Thanks! I just picked up a GE 7.0 the other day. I even got the SWMBO to agree to getting another one for lagering in a couple months!

I don't know why, but I never thought about putting the carboy on the hump inside. I was picturing it on the floor. That layout works so much better and I only lose 1 keg! Thanks again. I'll definitely be doing this until I get the seperate lagering chamber.
Keep in mind you will need a collar...

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #256
Jaymo
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yup! I've got a couple kegs carbing in it for now without a collar, but I've intended to make one all along. I've got a few friends who've built collars, so I'll be checking theirs out, but I have all the measurements and list of parts put together. Just gotta build it, but I'm not really in a hurry anyway.

I just took a look at your Keezer build thread also. Very helpful!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #257
bgburdman9
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankim View Post
Frigidaire - 7.2 Cu. Ft. for $165 at "BestBuy" !!!
"Get some!"
Nice! I have $25 in rewards certificates that I need to use too. How many ball locks can fit in this?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #258
ryankim
Recipes 

Default Frigidaire 7.2 @ BestBuy for $165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgburdman9 View Post
Nice! I have $25 in rewards certificates that I need to use too. How many ball locks can fit in this?
I have read that "Rick500" advised that it is three and a #10 bottle without a collar, and FIVE and the #10 bottle with the collar.......five is just great for me!!! (Thank you Rick500)

All BestBuys out of the freezer around me, so I had to order it on-line......estemated next month for store pick-up. Sure hope they aren't stringing me along.......

Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #259
bgburdman9
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankim View Post
I have read that "Rick500" advised that it is three and a #10 bottle without a collar, and FIVE and the #10 bottle with the collar.......five is just great for me!!! (Thank you Rick500)

All BestBuys out of the freezer around me, so I had to order it on-line......estemated next month for store pick-up. Sure hope they aren't stringing me along.......
I went in a talked to someone at best buy about it today and no one mentioned that it would take a month to get it. Sale ends saturday though for those thinking about getting one.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #260
whatsleftofyou
Third Eye Pried Wide

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just picked up a Sunbeam 10.6cu

Ball locks: 5 on the floor, 2 on the hump if you build a collar
Pin locks: 6 on the floor, 2 on the hump

This fills it up pretty well, so subtract 1 if you want your CO2 tank in there as well.

On Tap: Pumpkin Spice Ale, Coffee Blonde, Belma APA
Bottled: PB&J Sweet Stout, Rhubarb Berliner Weisse