Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Malt Question - O Flannagain Standard Stout
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
OregonNative
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 168
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Malt Question - O Flannagain Standard Stout

The recipe calls for... 6.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row)

Are any of these the correct malt to use? I have found several different 2 row pale malts. I'm just getting into using all grain so if this is a stupid question, please excuse me.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17115//American_Pale
http://morebeer.com/view_product/17119//British_Pale


OregonNative is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
ohiodad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiodad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hilliard, OH
Posts: 264
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonNative View Post
The recipe calls for... 6.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row)

Are any of these the correct malt to use? I have found several different 2 row pale malts. I'm just getting into using all grain so if this is a stupid question, please excuse me.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17115//American_Pale
http://morebeer.com/view_product/17119//British_Pale

Either will work just fine... I just brewed up 10 gallons of that today! Smelled great in the mash tun and the kettle. Looking forward to giving it a try!


ohiodad is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
OregonNative
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 168
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodad View Post
Either will work just fine... I just brewed up 10 gallons of that today! Smelled great in the mash tun and the kettle. Looking forward to giving it a try!
Excellent man! I'm a huge stout fan. Thanks a ton for the info. I hope yours turnings out great!
OregonNative is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShortSnoutBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,266
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Yeah either of those will work. Ones domestic and one's British. This recipe netted me a first place stout in the Oregon Homebrew Competition a few months ago!
ShortSnoutBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
OregonNative
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 168
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Brewer View Post
Yeah either of those will work. Ones domestic and one's British. This recipe netted me a first place stout in the Oregon Homebrew Competition a few months ago!
Thats wonderful man! I'm hoping mine turns out as well as yours.


OregonNative is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ó Flannagáin Standard Ó Flannagáin Stout 347 01-31-2014 05:34 PM
Need Recipe Help - O' Flannagain Standard Stout OregonNative Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 10-16-2010 09:05 PM
Ó Flannagáin Standard Sour Ó Flannagáin Stout 6 08-21-2009 05:05 AM
Lots of Questions, first all grain - O' Flannagain Stout OregonNative Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 09-19-2008 08:31 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS