Spike Brewing Giveaway - New v3 Kettle

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > DvineWine

Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default DvineWine

So we went to this "Winery" in Silverthorn this weekend called Dvine Wine, Your Personal Winery! http://www.dvinewineusa.com/ They call themselves an "On Premises Fermenting Winery" which means they make kit wine just like you and me, in glass carboys, just lots at a time. The wine was actually very good, I bottled about 30 for them because I was so intrigued with the vacuum powered bottle filler.

I was pretty well impressed with the whole place, it was like a really big home made wine shop as opposed to a really small commercial winery.

If you ever get the chance to go to one, It's worth the half hour you'll spend.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
McSwiggin'
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have something similar in South Florida... "Brewmasters". They are a complete brew/vint on premise facility. They usually do beer in 13 gallong batches, and wine in 5 or 6 gallon. They are also an LHBS. He has grains and extracts in bulk and a whole binder of recipes to choose from. He also has some pretty sweet brew kettles set up. I have never made anything with his equipment, but I buy supplies from him every now and then. Funny thing, he has a pretty cool bottle filler too! They force card all there beers, and they have automatic pressurized bottle fillers.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
summersolstice
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

THe Missus and I went to a brew on premises place like that a few months ago when we were in Denver. Just a half block off the 16th Street Mall. They were selling the wines they produced and the members wines were in various stages in the back. They took us on a tour and it sounds like the owners were actually doing everything from pitching the yeast to bottling the wine.