Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > All Grain Transition: Work in progress

Old 08-03-2008, 02:58 AM   #1
its02003
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default All Grain Transition: Work in progress

So I am in the process of turning everything over to all-grain. I will be upping the batch sizes to 10 gallons and switching the method to grain at the same juncture....strictly to minimize the cost associated.

My current equipment is as follows:

2 Keggles (Kettle and HLT)
1 Igloo 60 qt cooler (Mashtun)
2 Bayou Classic Banjo Burners (burners only....wholly S**T these things are huge!)
1 March Pump
Copper Tubing
Braided High-temp tubing
Misc fasteners and other accessories

Equipment yet to come:

Blichmann 14.5 gallon Fermenator
Brewing stand (this is part of what I need help deciding)
Regulator

My plan is to have a single tier system with the cooler MT in the middle of the two keggles. Here is where experiences from you guys would pay off. I want to know if there is a serious risk of the heat from each burner kicking up the sides and comprimising the integrity of the cooler MT.

I also want to know what the accepted opinion is for single tier stands. I am a sucker for cedar and after seeing ScubaSteve's pictures of his stand, I was thinking of doing a cedar one and just jacketing all the insides in a flashing type material. I was wondering if there is some prefabricated option out there in metal that people have used... plans..... anything I suppose.

I hate to sound stupid, but what is it that you are trying to sell? I'm sure I don't have one yet, but maybe I need one.
Brew Stand Pickup Tube Sight Glass Counter Flow Chiller Mash Manifold

Recipes:

Planning an Irish Red
Planning a Celebration Ale Clone

Old 08-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
its02003
Recipes 

No one has a buck to put in here?
I hate to sound stupid, but what is it that you are trying to sell? I'm sure I don't have one yet, but maybe I need one.
Brew Stand Pickup Tube Sight Glass Counter Flow Chiller Mash Manifold

Recipes:

Planning an Irish Red
Planning a Celebration Ale Clone

Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 671 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Make a two tier system and locate the MLT higher than the kettles. That will alleviate any heat issues as well as give you a bit more flexibility.

Wood is fine as long as you pay proper respect to fire.