Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > First Batch - Not sure when to bottle, help!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Lurpinator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Batch - Not sure when to bottle, help!

So, as some of you may know, I am brewing a gluten free Sorghum extract and honey brew. I brewed on July 9th, and pitched Safale US-05 dry yeast (one pack). OG was 1.052, and on the 19th it was only down to 1.034, so I pitched another packet of US-05. I hit my FG of 1.014 a week ago and transferred to a 5 gal carboy for clearing. It has cleared a lot and I want to bottle, but there are some medium sized clear bubbles on the surface. I don't see mold but I don't know why there are bubbles. Should I double check the hydro reading and bottle?

Thanks,

Lurp

ps. here are some pictures:

Primary: Nada
Drinking: EPIC brewing's "The Glutenator"
Aging: Nada
Planning: Another GF Belgian, an EPIC Glutenator clone, a Ginger-Apple hard cider

Please join the Gluten Free Brewers Group
Everyone is welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarleyWater View Post
Printenction is the key to being protectef onm you, Maybve if you are are ful you wont; throw up like oth er someone did. I thonk you need another beer possibljy/

Old 08-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Laurel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's probably CO2 coming out of solution. It should be fine providing the SG has held steady at 1.014 and it's where you expected it to be.