Earthquake Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batches_brew

Reaction score
This is the label I made for my first batch. The earthquake hit during the second day of ferment.

2731564264_c567071803_o.gif

Edited Almost Final Version

Cool idea, I might change the color of the font or add an outline to "Batches Brew". You also might want to make the big white text easier to read

I think it looks great! My only change would be to make "earthquake ale" and whatever is above it more readable. Maybe it's just too small, but I think they'd both benefit from enlargement, an outline, and/or font change. I obviously see why you chose that font, maybe it's just too small to read here.

Schlante,
Phillip

Why the vertical/portrait layout? Using it on bombers? What are the actual dimensions?

Just being curious...

Schlante,
Phillip

I used the vertical because I copied the dimensions of a Rogue 12 oz beer. 3" x 4"

I changed the Batches Brew title to green to match the land on the bottom. It looks a little better. I enlarged Chino Hills a little, but you can read it fine in it's normal size. I'm gonna tweak it a little more and post my results later.

Going to see Batman, now that the crowds have died down, I hope.

very cool and original!

maybe a black outline or shadow around the batches brew to make it stand out?

I could go for either of the last 2, but what happened to the shadow on this last one? There's something wierd goin' on there.

I'd make the decision on the last one depending on how beertelligent your drinking buddies are. If they'd recognize a brown ale then you might want the one with the specific variety. If they're BMC types then letting them know it's a "Brown Ale" is probably information overload.

I could go for either of the last 2, but what happened to the shadow on this last one? There's something wierd goin' on there.

Oh I just noticed it. It's from the lo quality gif settings I used to post. It wont look like that. :)

My reason for dropping the description is it already seems so noisy with so much going on, but maybe I should bring it back.

Back